Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change

/ Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change #11  
Our county allows the Amish to be buried without a casket or a vault. After the calling hours which is a few days on display in the home they corps is placed in a bag made of mushrooms and buried in hand dug hole. There is an undertaker that works specifically with the Amish to make sure everything is up to snuff.

/ Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change #12  
Probably not any worse than humanure.

/ Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change #13  
Well I guess we can take comfort in knowing that some of these folks that were utterly useless in life, will finally be of service after death?

/ Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change #14  
Only on Kalofornia and only with Newsom.
(CN) — Human burial services in the U.S. are getting a green makeover as more states embrace human composting as an eco-friendly alternative to cremation and traditional casket burials. On Sunday, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed Assembly Bill 351 to establish regulatory practices for human composting in 2027, joining Washington, Colorado, Oregon and Vermont in legalizing the practice.

Fact checking isn't really that hard.

/ Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change #15  
Think this has been done in the NJ Meadowlands by organized crime. Who knew they were so ahead of the times.

In India one sect (Parsi) leaves their dead on platforms to decompose.
Was not too far from and open reservoir.
They had to cover the reservoir to stop body parts from falling in due to vultures etc.
This was the unexpected answer when we saw the platforms and the covered reservoir in Mumbai.

/ Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change #16  
Well I guess we can take comfort in knowing that some of these folks that were utterly useless in life, will finally be of service after death?
I WISH that you would give a warning before making comments like this. Now I have to clean spew off my computer again! 😆

/ Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change #17  
I guess everyone should have the right to have their final wishes granted upon their passing, but one can’t help to think about their extended family-children, grandchildren.
They might to see grandma end up being something better than garden mulch?

/ Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change #18  
When we operated a feed lot operation, we always had culls and we always composted them on a concrete walled lined pit and used the composted remains for fertilizer and soil nutrients. Kind of like returning stuff to the earth. Don't bother me at all. Perfectly legal here in Michigan under the state RTF laws.

/ Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change #19  
I can see people showing off their gardens to others: "Maw Maw grows the best morning glories, but Paw Paw grows the best petunias. I don't know why Uncle Leroy grows nothing but crab grass"

/ Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change #20  
I told my girls I wanted to be cremated and have my ashes put in the Llano river just above Mason, TX. Then they were to drive down to Castell, TX and have a bite at the general store after which, head to the river and carry-on talking about old times as my ashes floated past. I've spent many an hour sitting in that river at the Castell crossing with my wife and girls. I expect my girls will always remember our many trips whenever they see or hear the name of the river or town. Life is good.