Deer Corn vs. Feed Corn

/ Deer Corn vs. Feed Corn #51  
The other day I went to Tractor Supply for my bi-monthly bag of corn for the ducks that live on my pond.

There were two pallets of corn -- one pallet of fancy and colorful bags called "deer corn" at $4.99 for 50 lbs. The pallet next to it had corn in plain white bags at $5.99 for 50 lbs.

I asked one of the workers what the difference was between "deer corn" and "feed corn." He told me that the deer corn was cleaner than the feed corn. Supposedly it is just kernals, without any pieces of cob or other debris. He said the feed corn tended to jam automatic deer feeders.

I then asked why the deer corn was cheaper. He didn't know.

Anybody have any clues why cleaner corn should be cheaper?

The deer corn sure looks like the feed corn I've been buying for years. So far, my ducks haven't complained.

The other day I went to Tractor Supply for my bi-monthly bag of corn for the ducks that live on my pond.

There were two pallets of corn -- one pallet of fancy and colorful bags called "deer corn" at $4.99 for 50 lbs. The pallet next to it had corn in plain white bags at $5.99 for 50 lbs.

I asked one of the workers what the difference was between "deer corn" and "feed corn." He told me that the deer corn was cleaner than the feed corn. Supposedly it is just kernals, without any pieces of cob or other debris. He said the feed corn tended to jam automatic deer feeders.

I then asked why the deer corn was cheaper. He didn't know.

Anybody have any clues why cleaner corn should be cheaper?

The deer corn sure looks like the feed corn I've been buying for years. So far, my ducks haven't complained.
You don't know, and it is so important. Alfatoxin causes cancer. If you feed it to cows and eat the meat, you get cancer. Read the parts per billion of alfatoxin on the deer corn and feed corn. Deer corn is not dried as much and has more alfatoxin in it. That is the main reason human lives are longer now days. If you haul an 18 wheeler load of corn to sell it, they stick a moisture probe in the load of corn, in multiple areas. The price you get is based on how dry your corn is. If it's dry, full price. If they have to dry it more, they charge it against your payout for the load. I wouldn't touch deer corn. We used to haul loads to Natchez Ms. I wouldn't feed deer corn to any critters I know or like as a pet. I live in the very rural country. Deer, squirrel, rabbit, coons, fish are all common foods at my shack. No alfatoxin. There is a reason for a difference. I dare anyone to try and contradict me on this. My uncle made so much whiskey that they was buying 24 pallets of sugar twice a week. Corn by the big truck loads. Learned a lot about corn, sugar cane, stainless steel drums. He didn't drink.