Deer Damage

/ Deer Damage #11  
We had a $3800 deer hit with the cruise set at 60mph on our VW Jetta. Deer flew 150 feet from point of impact.

/ Deer Damage #13  
My GF and I were in her new (last year) mercury mountaineer, and hit a large doe at about 45mph. Total was over 17,000 and they did not total it.

/ Deer Damage #16  
In the past ten years, while bow hunting my deer sightings have went from 10-15 every day to 10-15 the entire season, and I am only about 40 miles south of you.

Have a hundred acre field across the road from my house. Used to see 8-10 deer every day in the field. Didn't see a single deer in that field from 2008-2011. It is part of a 160 acre tract, and there hasn't been a deer killed on the property in 6 years, even though it is gun hunted every year.

Sounds like you need to hunt in Moultrie or Shelby county. I would be happy to show you some ares to hunt.

/ Deer Damage #17  
I just read on the net that bars of Dial soap around schrubs and gardens is good deer repellnet. I have never tried but thought I would pass it along.

/ Deer Damage #18  
cost of needing new brake pads each year. it never fails, if i drive just as sun is going down, or after. a dear will be there in road, side of road. and i end up smoking the brake pads to stop. speaking of, i need to check the pads. i should be due for new ones.

illinois, you can get a "land owner permits" or something like that. more land you own the more permits you get. i think you need a min amount of acres like 20 or something plus. i think the 80 acres here, was allowed up to 8 or 10 deer in a single year. but there was some limitations, of some sort, of permit not transferable, and only owner of land or you had to live in the house hold, could do the killing or some such.

then individual hunters, had there own amount of deer they can kill?

*looks confused*

/ Deer Damage #19  
About $9000 over eight years. One hit was $5800 and one was $3200.