Buying Advice Deere 1026R...can't go wrong

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong
Is that a dent I see in that garage gutter in that pic? :D
I own a gutter biz. First thing I notice on a home anymore.

LMAO! Yes it is. My daughter's bus driver backed into the house. Made one helluva noise. :shocked: Just got it fixed.

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #52  
I would displace some of that weight allocation for SRM's, and replace it with some LRM's, to give a ballistic back-up to those Gausse rifle/beam weapons you have. (I assume this is a long range assault and recon configuration with those two primaries?)

But thats just me. lol.

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #53  
I would displace some of that weight allocation for SRM's, and replace it with some LRM's, to give a ballistic back-up to those Gausse rifle/beam weapons you have. (I assume this is a long range assault and recon configuration with those two primaries?)

But thats just me. lol.

The sad thing is that I know exactly what you are saying and I could respond, but I think everyone had enough of this. That is for another geek forum (like collectordx, HLJ or something). Here we are all tractor geeks (even zippogeek is one now, well maybe more of a dork though:D) and we need to keep it to that lingo.

Zippo, where are the pictures of you using the loader in the snow???

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #54  
I also looked at the 1026R, and really liked it. I traded out of an x540 and into the Kubota B2620 I have now. I also have an x748 that you will pry out of my cold dead hands ;) that machine is truly a joy to mow with.

I chose the B series over the Deere because I just liked it more. (In hindsight, the lack of position control is a sore spot, but not a huge one for me personally)

Ultimately, these are ALL good tractors, and we are individuals with their own tastes, likes and dislikes. If something happened to my x748, would I consider the 1026R sure I would, but more than likely, I'd buy another x748 because they IMHO are the absolute best lawn mowing machine on the planet.

I've got a 47" snow blower and 54" blade on the x748 and they work perfect on that platform as well. I bought the Kubota more for a work tractor, to brush hog, grade with the box blade, and till the garden with.

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #55  
talk about kubota. dont want to start a fight here but, ever heard of dec 7 ? they are still trying to get us.

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #56  
talk about kubota. dont want to start a fight here but, ever heard of dec 7 ? they are still trying to get us.

Ever heard of Yanmar engines in John Deeres?

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #57  
I checked out the 1026 at my dealer the other day. Nice tractor overall. But, I don't like how the lights are mounted on the fenders. Seems like they'd get broken off over time. The in-the-fender style of the older 75x/85x tractors is a much better design from a durability stand point. I also think the fuel gauge on the fender is a cheap-out, and will also get broken.

While I haven't seen one in person, the new Mahindra Max would be my choice in this size right now. It's a beast on paper for its size. Looks good too. Of course, I might change my mind after test driving.

/ Deere 1026R...can't go wrong #58  
I checked out the 1026 at my dealer the other day. Nice tractor overall. But, I don't like how the lights are mounted on the fenders. Seems like they'd get broken off over time. The in-the-fender style of the older 75x/85x tractors is a much better design from a durability stand point. I also think the fuel gauge on the fender is a cheap-out, and will also get broken.

While I haven't seen one in person, the new Mahindra Max would be my choice in this size right now. It's a beast on paper for its size. Looks good too. Of course, I might change my mind after test driving.

Looks like the lights can be moved to the inside of the ROPS.

IMHO the fuel gauge is simpler, therefore more reliable.

Mine's at the dealer ready for pickup. Waiting on the trailer. Friday, me hopes.

And all this Summoner / LRM / Gauss cannon talk reminds me of Mechwarrior. :) Such a great game...