Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one?

/ Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one? #11  
   / Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one? #12  
Just my two cents worth. If the engine got hot enough to crack the head, damage occurred else where's also. At a minimum I would drop the oil pan and check the bearings. I would also replace the rings. Rings do not like being exposed to extreme heat.

/ Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one? #13  
Just my two cents worth. If the engine got hot enough to crack the head, damage occurred else where's also. At a minimum I would drop the oil pan and check the bearings. I would also replace the rings. Rings do not like being exposed to extreme heat.

That is what I was thinking.

/ Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one? #14  
If you're still considering replacement head, may want to give these folks a call. Industrial - Irrigation - Industrial-Irrigation Services - have always been good to work with in my experience (OEM). Don't know where you are located in CO but they are south-central NE. Did a check on their website and it looks like they carry the 3TNV76 also, but it's labeled -CSA and as an industrial diesel - may be some differences there. If they don't have access to the parts they would probably be able to give an alternate supplier. They also have a Yanmar spec sheet on the V76-CSA engine in their Yanmar section. Good luck with the repair.

/ Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one?
I am considering buying a new engine and parting my out. Is there much demand for 3TNV76 parts with 200 hours on it?

/ Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one? #17  
I am considering buying a new engine and parting my out. Is there much demand for 3TNV76 parts with 200 hours on it?

If you go with the new engine, is it a newer upgraded version?

/ Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one? #18  

Is it new or rebuilt? IF it is rebuilt they will probably want your old one back unless you pay a core charge.

/ Deere 2305 Cylinder Head Cracked - Where can I find another one? #19  
As previously stated. It's worth unbolting the cylinder head and using a straight edge after checking for cracks.
Repair cost should not matter as the $$$ should be coming out of the boy's pocket.

Well...here it the latest. The head is warped .007 in the middle and has a small crack. I am going to talk with someone about it tomorrow, but I think it is toast.

I pulled the motor and removed the pan. There was a small nugget of metal that was in the pan. No other metal was present that I could see. I pulled the main caps and looked at the underside bearings and rods for all three cylinders. They looked great. The nugget could have been there from the initial startup...who knows. I verified that the block and cylinders are not warped. The only other thing that I am a bit concerned about is there is a hairline type groove in the #2 cylinder wall. You can feel it with your nail. I am thinking about removing the piston and verify the rings are ok. If the rings are ok, I will probably buy a new head and put it back together.

I will do a leak down test on it when I put it back together - prior to putting it in the tractor to verify rings are good. With only 200 hours on the motor my compression should be fine.

Stay tuned!