Deere 3-series rear SCV continuous flow switch?

/ Deere 3-series rear SCV continuous flow switch? #1  

WinterDeere

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 3033R; JD 855 MFWD
I see many of the Deere tractors with rear SCV have a continuous flow switch, which would eliminate the need to add a Power Beyond kit to the tractor for those of us with an implement that requires continuous flow. Unfortunately, I have a 3033R on order, and the 3-series seems to be the only one that does not clearly state having this switch.

Can someone with a 3033R or any other 3-series let me know if they have a continuous flow switch for their factory rear SCV?

Thanks!

/ Deere 3-series rear SCV continuous flow switch? #2  
Hmmm....don't recall this being an option. I had them put on 3rd SCV (rear) and also Power Beyond. Completely separate ports. 3rd SCV is toggle on grip. No continuous flow option to my knowledge. Perhaps JD could have changed this since 2015 when I got mine.

/ Deere 3-series rear SCV continuous flow switch?
Hmmm....don't recall this being an option. I had them put on 3rd SCV (rear) and also Power Beyond. Completely separate ports. 3rd SCV is toggle on grip. No continuous flow option to my knowledge. Perhaps JD could have changed this since 2015 when I got mine.

I think the current offering is still the same. I watched some series-3 videos, inspecting the control switches in each, and didn’t see it. I also can’t find any documentation of it.

I’m half tempted to cancel the Power Beyond kit, buy my own switch, and just connet it into the appropriate wire from the thumb control, but perhaps it’s not offered for some valid reason, as it is definitely offered on the 4-series and either the 1- or 2-series. Perhaps the solenoid for the rear SCV is different on the 3-series, and can’t handle continuous current of being locked on, or something of that sort.

So, I’m going to leave the order identical to what you have, rear SCV + power beyond. The power beyond is only $400, so it wasn’t an enormous item on the total price, but I thought maybe ditching it would give me one less item to leak. That’s the perspective I’ve developed after replacing numerous seals over th last decade on my 33-year old Deere hydro CUT.

/ Deere 3-series rear SCV continuous flow switch? #4  
Yep. PB should not have a solenoid. 3rd- I'd have to look at the valve schematic to see how it operates but I'd guess there is an electric solenoid holding the spool open. If that's the case I wouldn't want 100% cycle on it. I'd guess you get more flow in PB too. I'll see if the lines are different sizes, but no valve ports. Not sure if they are limiting or the pump/line flow.
I also put the electronic diverter valves on it too with loader on front and Top and Tilt at the rear. Costly little thing, but can't live without it and it makes life much easier.

I guess with all that said. You should be able to change out the 3rd SCV to a different spool arrangement, but then maybe limit flow. It would have to be worked out. But then your run into warranty issues.

/ Deere 3-series rear SCV continuous flow switch? #5  
Not an option on the 3-series, the PB is the way to go.

/ Deere 3-series rear SCV continuous flow switch?
Thanks, guys! I’m leaving PB on the order.