Deere 3120 (3320, 3520, 3720) Snapped trailer hitch tow bar bolt houseing - fix/weld?

/ Deere 3120 (3320, 3520, 3720) Snapped trailer hitch tow bar bolt houseing - fix/weld? #1  

Shawk

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3520
Hey guys... I just picked up a used '07 3120. Overall it seems like a good unit other than the fact that the received bar bracket mount is broke. The gal I bought it from put her husband in the nursing home and she knew nothing about the tractor which is why she unloaded. Anyway, everything else around it looked fine... no leaks, liquid up ect. But I wondering if anyone else has had this or seen it? Is it a weld job and move on to get that tow hitch back on? I'll attach pics shortly. Thanks!

Attachments

• zpfile000.jpg
    zpfile000.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 628
  • zpfile001.jpg
    zpfile001.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 568
   / Deere 3120 (3320, 3520, 3720) Snapped trailer hitch tow bar bolt houseing - fix/weld? #2  
I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but that is a pretty large chunk out of the transmission housing / rear end missing.
It's aluminum too isn't it?

From what it looks like the bushings and whole part of the rear housing the draft links for the 3pt is missing too isn't it? Looks like something yanked the whole three point off, taking of course the drawbar mount with it there.

Ain't going to be easy if what I think I am seeing in your pictures is correct.

/ Deere 3120 (3320, 3520, 3720) Snapped trailer hitch tow bar bolt houseing - fix/weld? #3  
Ok scratch part of what I said. I see the three point is still intact now.
The bottom back edge of the trans housing is broke, I think it is aluminum isn't it?
Still not going to be easy, definitely don't want to replace the whole housing, way too pricey and labor too.

/ Deere 3120 (3320, 3520, 3720) Snapped trailer hitch tow bar bolt houseing - fix/weld? #4  
I agree with Dusty, but if your 3 point lift arms are still attached, you can easily use a draw bar attached to the lift arms. Hope it works out for you!

/ Deere 3120 (3320, 3520, 3720) Snapped trailer hitch tow bar bolt houseing - fix/weld?
Alrighty... I knew the 3 point was completely in tact but you had me nervous for a second as I'm sitting at work. :eek: It appears that just that portion snapped and yes I believe it's aluminum. My guess, is that I'll just get that receiver bracket welded on.

/ Deere 3120 (3320, 3520, 3720) Snapped trailer hitch tow bar bolt houseing - fix/weld? #6  
This is the type I was thinking of, and you could use this to tow if the weld does not work out.

image-3254915251.jpg

/ Deere 3120 (3320, 3520, 3720) Snapped trailer hitch tow bar bolt houseing - fix/weld?
3 Point is completely in tact and seems unharmed guys... It functions perfect, no leaks, ect. It appears just those 2 mounting bolt holes were snapped. :( But I figured for the price I could live with that or fix it. It came with a box blade, rear blade and 3 pt snowblower so I tested it out well last night with those implements before and while loading up. I KNOW these decent "deals" can go south in a hurry... I think all is OK, just curious if anyone else has seem or fixed similar before I make a plan. Thanks for the quick replies... MUCH appreciate. :)

Thanks NH Mitch! Good chance that's the route to go. I may just pick up one of those short flat bars that mounts on the lower of the Quickhitch I have as well. Simple and low cost. ;)

/ Deere 3120 (3320, 3520, 3720) Snapped trailer hitch tow bar bolt houseing - fix/weld? #9  
Thanks NH Mitch! Good chance that's the route to go. I may just pick up one of those short flat bars that mounts on the lower of the Quickhitch I have as well. Simple and low cost. ;)

I agree! It will be hard to weld anything back up there.
Sorry for confusion on the 3pt, the picture was zoomed in more than it appeared to my blind eyes at first! Where the draft links attach looked like the trumpets for the rear axle from the angle, took me a few minutes to see it for real.

Yeah Dusty... you just wanted to make me feel like I missed something and get me nervous! :D