Deere 485A versus Kubota BH92

/ Deere 485A versus Kubota BH92 #1  

philc11

Tractor
john deere
Hello - Has anybody measured breakout force or compared the capabilities of the Deere 485A backhoe versus the Kubota BH92? I see the specs (Kubota has 4598 Lbf versus 3752 Lbf in the Deere). Just not sure of the marketing numbers and since the hydraulic pump has more flow in the Deere (15.9 Gpm for the 4052R versus 9.5 Gpm for the MX5200), I'm surprised the Kubota is "stronger". Any Comments/Observations?

/ Deere 485A versus Kubota BH92 #2  
The hydraulic flow doesn't have anything to do with the force that the hoe can exert. Also, the Deere's implement pump puts out about 10.5 GPM. It looks like you listed the combined power steering pump/implement pump flows. Just make sure you keep that straight when making comparisons.

/ Deere 485A versus Kubota BH92
Thanks for the response. If the flow has nothing to do with the force, what specs would you use to compare to backhoes? I thought the area of the cylinder surface and the pump flow rate were used to compute the hydraulic power?

/ Deere 485A versus Kubota BH92 #4  
It's all physics. With hydraulics, power or force is determined by pressure, cylinder size and geometry. Check the working PSI for the backhoe, the size of the curl cylinder and the measurements. The closer they are, the more nearly equal their performance will be.

That said, the digging ability of both backhoes ought to be pretty good. There have been very few times when lack of digging power was any concern when operating my BH, which is similar to the ones you're looking at.

/ Deere 485A versus Kubota BH92 #5  
Thanks for the response. If the flow has nothing to do with the force, what specs would you use to compare to backhoes? I thought the area of the cylinder surface and the pump flow rate were used to compute the hydraulic power?
Surface area and system gpm give you speed. Surface area and system psi give you power.
Both power and speed are affected by how far from the pivot the cylinder is mounted.

Aaron Z