Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #31  
AGGIE00- do you have your tires ballasted and front weights? I got all 4 of mine loaded with beet juice and I have 400lbs of front weights. Call me crazy but I think that should be enough, if not, I can always get more weights, or run with the loader on.

I have a loader which is plenty, but ballast on the front of the tractor is not the issue even when the loader is off. I feel the 3pt is straining especially when roading. It handles the mx8, but for me I wouldn't consider the mx10 for a 3pt with this tractor. Having said that, I haven't tried it and could be wrong.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540
so your saying that it lifts pretty slow?

okay so first impressions after some serious mowing today (4 hours), the 5083 handles the MX10 with no problems. I have more than enough power to run the hog until the grass gets over the back tires which i just dropped a gear and it was fine. I can definately tell its back there if I try and do some quick manuvering but other than that its mostly getting used to a tractor with a nice cab on it. I can hear every noise that used to be drowned out by the roar of the engine. My draft knob rattles like crazy but i think a plastic washer or something simple would fix it. The hydraulics have more than enough power to lift it clear off the ground and it evens drives decent with it up. Now I did have the loader on but even so I'm very happy with my decision to get the big mower. Now I just have to quit leveling the fields and start mowing them!

full mount 3ph.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #36  
We used a Woods 121 10' 3PH for a lot of years with a Case CX80 and it was very manageable though you could sure feel the weight. We needed a heavier duty cutter and went with a pull type due to the extra weight.

If your tractor will handle the weight of a 3PH 10', they are nice. We have found our tractor "feels" more stable on steep slopes with a pull type though.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #37  
I only have the kubota M shredding2.JPG7040 and pull a Woods DS1440(12ft)all day! Both tractors are nice!!!:thumbsup:

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #39  

Attachments

• shredding3.JPG
    shredding3.JPG
    682 KB · Views: 243
   / Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #40