Deere 553 Loader: what bucket? what Attachment carrier?

/ Deere 553 Loader: what bucket? what Attachment carrier? #11  
I tried to study the architecture of the global hitch on JD's website - using the Build Your Own - for the 5000 series tractors.

I was impressed with the upper bar and hook configuration. The lower (automated) pin system was a bit confusing...

It looked kinda complex and appeared to be a good candidate for jamming -- with ice, snow, slush, mud, manure, straw.

Where I live and work, there is potentially 7 months of time when the weather conditions can present those elements... and I switch my front FEL attachments - alot. Bucket, grapple (with hyd cylinders), forks, and homemade receiver hitch that I use to move trailers and equipment or pick and move heavy implements, etc.

With the new global carrier, I could envision spending some amount of time digging around those lower pins trying to be certain that they either engaged or disengaged.

Maybe I'm off the mark here - 'cause I've never seen that mounting system close up - but it looks a little iffy based on the pics.

Anyone have this system and used it when the sun wasn't shining? Thanks.

AKfish

I have several customers with each system. The global coupler is far stronger, easier to align, and far, far less prone to collecting (frozen) debris in places that will cause problems.
SSL couplers can come undone while back-dragging after a little wear occurs. SSL couplers can and do become twisted and non-functional with hard use over time. Global couplers are used on appications with more HP, weight and lift capacity than most manufacturers will use a SSL coupler on. Most attachments are available with global couplers, you may have to look a little further to find them. And if you have a global coupler, your neighbor who is abusive to equipment, can't borrow your attachments to put on his SSL coupler.

/ Deere 553 Loader: what bucket? what Attachment carrier? #12  
I've got the 553 loader with the JD500 carrier. It was on the tractor when I bought it, so I didn't even look at the other types. All I can speak for is the JD500. I can't imagine it being any easier to use. It takes the removal of two pins to change attachments. That's it. I can literally change from the bucket to the bale spear in 90 seconds or less. I've never had any alignment issues, it just falls into place, then you get out and re-attach the pins. As for strength, it seems strong enough for me. I've moved several full loads of stone and several 1600# round bales of hay with no issues.

/ Deere 553 Loader: what bucket? what Attachment carrier? #13  
I have several customers with each system. The global coupler is far stronger, easier to align, and far, far less prone to collecting (frozen) debris in places that will cause problems.
SSL couplers can come undone while back-dragging after a little wear occurs. SSL couplers can and do become twisted and non-functional with hard use over time. Global couplers are used on appications with more HP, weight and lift capacity than most manufacturers will use a SSL coupler on. Most attachments are available with global couplers, you may have to look a little further to find them. And if you have a global coupler, your neighbor who is abusive to equipment, can't borrow your attachments to put on his SSL coupler.

Rick, appreciate the clarification. Looked at a global carrier bucket and it was REALLY heavy-duty! Even beefier than the WorkPro series of construction buckets!

AKfish