Deere 855 - third hydraulic function

/ Deere 855 - third hydraulic function
Got it. On second thought... an electric chute actuator is starting to sound much simpler. :laughing:

/ Deere 855 - third hydraulic function #12  
How about the JD rear outlet kit if its available? You would loose your loader function while the blower is plugged into it but it might be an inexpensive option if you don't need the loader while blowing snow.

Good idea, but my only interest in going with a rear snowblower would be so that I could use the loader and blower in tandem. If I'm going to give up the loader function, I'd definitely go with a front-mounted snowblower.

It's snowing now, so I guess this decision has taken longer than it should. I guess I'll be plowing with the bucket tomorrow, if this doesn't melt overnight.

/ Deere 855 - third hydraulic function #14  
OK, so in that case you would need an electric diverter valve to switch between the front and rear remotes, that gets kind of spendy. Your electric chute is sounding better all the time!

Yeah. I've seen the electric diverter valves, and the price is not prohibitive, but it seems I'd have a mess of hoses and piping to deal with. I prefer clean and neat.

Going to price some 3-point blowers with electric chutes. I called the local Land Pride dealer for pricing on an SB1064 with electric chute rotation, but the dealer wouldn't quote me the Land Pride blower. Instead he insisted on quoting me a Kubota blower (bleh... orange), stating, "they're all the same, and we have the Kubota in stock."

/ Deere 855 - third hydraulic function #16  
If the man won't sell you what you want... go elsewhere.

Yep... that's the usual plan. Unfortunately, I really wanted a price on that Land Pride unit, and they're the local dealer. I think it's worth a call to Land Pride. I don't think they'd be happy to know their local dealer won't quote customers on their product.

/ Deere 855 - third hydraulic function #18  
Yeah. I've seen the electric diverter valves, and the price is not prohibitive, but it seems I'd have a mess of hoses and piping to deal with. I prefer clean and neat.

Going to price some 3-point blowers with electric chutes. I called the local Land Pride dealer for pricing on an SB1064 with electric chute rotation, but the dealer wouldn't quote me the Land Pride blower. Instead he insisted on quoting me a Kubota blower (bleh... orange), stating, "they're all the same, and we have the Kubota in stock."

Probably costs more too.

/ Deere 855 - third hydraulic function #19  
I have a manual chute on my blower. It is not an issue. I have no cab so when I look backwards the handle is right there. A quick twist and the snow is going the other direction. With a cab a remote chute would be critical. In my case it would just be one more thing to have to hook up and to go wrong

Cool. What brand is your blower? I'm finding lots of differences brand to brand, mostly around impeller size and blade count, but also things like chute diameter. I hear people complaining about too-narrow chute diameters clogging, and smaller impellers not keeping up with the auger. There's also a huge price span (more than 50%) from one brand to the next. Woods is priced high, and has some of the least impressive spec's, definitely being one of the lighter, thinner units out there.