Deere folks give me some buying advise please

/ Deere folks give me some buying advise please
Did you look at a New Holland with cab or a Case IH with cab? I'd be interested in your opinion.

I have not yet looked at the New Hollands. I know them fairly well as we have used them for some time, but whehe NH got away from the TN line to the current lines they priced theirself out of the market. The price went up enough to where many of our New Holland dealers went to other lines. As for guys like me they started looking at Deere because they held their value better than NH.

/ Deere folks give me some buying advise please
   / Deere folks give me some buying advise please #13  
Had a Kubota. It was okay, but it was no where as solid, as good, as well built, or as versitle as a NH or a Deere.

I don't know about that. It would not hurt to take a look at them.

/ Deere folks give me some buying advise please #14  
If your so in love with NH, why haven't you looked at the company that's under the hood. LS tractors made many NH and fords. Everyone that has one says its been their best investment.
Hopefully Friday I get to say the same... My P701C arrives on Friday and from everything I've read and heard... I was in live before I put the money down. Don't hurt to look at more options.
Just my $0.02

/ Deere folks give me some buying advise please #15  
After a year of shopping I ended up buying a 5105M with the deluxe cab. I looked very seriously at a Farmall 95 but the wet clutch Power Reverser on the Deere was the deciding factor over the dry clutch 95. I then compared the "M" with the "E Limited" side by side. Huge difference in the two tractors. The "M" is a much beefer tractor. I also liked the extra weight the 5105M had over the other tractors. The Deere dealership is closer and has been very good. I am a cow/calf producer and I use mine to cut and bale hay and feed cows. No field tillage work to speak of. I sometimes feed my cows on a concrete pad which is a pretty tight manuever around between the bale feeders, fence and crowding chute. Does a great job!!

/ Deere folks give me some buying advise please #16  
If money isnt an option, as MWRR stated the M series is a great tractor. I couldn't, so stayed in the E series. Hoping to get mine in 4 weeks!

/ Deere folks give me some buying advise please #17  
After a year of shopping I ended up buying a 5105M with the deluxe cab. I looked very seriously at a Farmall 95 but the wet clutch Power Reverser on the Deere was the deciding factor over the dry clutch 95. I then compared the "M" with the "E Limited" side by side. Huge difference in the two tractors. The "M" is a much beefer tractor. I also liked the extra weight the 5105M had over the other tractors. The Deere dealership is closer and has been very good. I am a cow/calf producer and I use mine to cut and bale hay and feed cows. No field tillage work to speak of. I sometimes feed my cows on a concrete pad which is a pretty tight manuever around between the bale feeders, fence and crowding chute. Does a great job!!

Thanks! I know about the power reverser which is basically a hydro shuttle shift. But what does a wet clutch do for you?

Last edited:
   / Deere folks give me some buying advise please #18  
Thanks! I know about the power reversed which is basically a hydro shuttled shift. But what does a wet clutch do for you?

Last much longer than a dry clutch

/ Deere folks give me some buying advise please #19  
Thanks! I need one at least as large as the NH, but just a little more HP would be nice. Not a lot, but just a touch. I really don't need a heavier frame or more importantly a larger frame, in fact it may be a little difficult to get it everywhere I need this utility to go.

That's why I suggested the JD 5M series. It will only be slightly larger than your TN95. Very nimble machine. Tight turning radius. :thumbsup: