Deere polyurea grease

/ Deere polyurea grease #11  
That's the same way I feel about the moly grease. The lowest swing pivots on the backhoe are under tremendous load all the time. They do benefit from moly grease so I use it there but nowhere else.
rScotty

Try a tube of the polyurea. It stays put and tightens loaders and buckets up.

Last edited:
   / Deere polyurea grease #12  
As has been said above. For loaded points (pins) that are slow moving moly is great. For high speed bearings (PTO equipment and the like) and hydraulic motor bearings use poly. I have read where it is actually bad for high speed bearings to use moly. I use the moly on just a few things but the poly is the go to item for most things. On my Fecon head they specify greasing on a four hour interval and specify only poly. Of course those bearing are very high speed and work all the time under a lot of "abuse".

/ Deere polyurea grease
For those that complain about the messy black moly grease I really can’t disagree but truthfully I don’t want any grease on me it is all messy and sticky. I do use the polyurea in other applications like bearings but it isn’t like getting it on my clothes is ok or something it is all grease. I wear rubber gloves when I grease things and wipe up the excess as I go with any type of grease.

/ Deere polyurea grease #15  
Hi,

We have used a number of different greases the last several years in both our trucks and flail mowers. I got a new Deere HX7 cutter in October and could not wait to pump out the grease it came with. When warm it is everywhere. Not so impressed with the other Deere grease in zerks that is yellow maybe Poly in our new 5085E loader either. Our Alamo SHD flail mowers see hundreds of miles each year and had been a real problem with rollers, shafts and bearings. About $600.00 each failure plus the lost time in the repair garage since the mowers may be 30 miles from the shop or more. Half the fun of using grease that does not work is laying underneath mowers on the 8' shoulder of a 3 lane highway with patrons driving 80-100 mph right beside you. We switched to Texas Refinery 880 Crown and Chassis. They make a moly as well. Problem solved. No more rollers gone, bearings or shafts. Grease that actually stays where you put it. It works well in our new Deere 331G track skid steer with Deere forestry head. No bearing failures there either and it runs 40 hours/week. One of our mechanics was service manager at Yale and they had constant bearing issues until they switched to TRC. No more issues. It is worth $8.00 a tube guys.

Brian

/ Deere polyurea grease #16  
OK, I'll try it - backhoes eat grease. I see that Texas Refinery 880 C&C comes in 4 different grades (weights). Which one?
thanks,
rScotty

/ Deere polyurea grease #17  
rScotty,

We use the TRC 880 Crown and Chassis #2 with the 100LB Timken OK load. Not sure on the Moly 880 C&C
maybe try #1. TRC could advise better on that one.

Brian