Deere Pop-Up Ads

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #31  
We now understand what the issue is, now it's a matter of correcting it. We didn't design this ad... but we'll probably do what is necessary to stop it from rendering the links useless.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #32  
If you've already corrected it, that must have been record time. Mine got hung up today, too, and I had to reload the page earlier today, but now I can't make it hang up, and I'm using Windows ME with I.E. 6.2.

Oops, I meant XP; not ME./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #33  
Muhammad, The buttons under the ad are still not working for me. I have a MAC and am running OS9 and using IE 5.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #34  
Yeah, I'll post a note when it should work. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #35  
Muhammad-I am using a Mac G3, System 9.2, and Explorer 5.0 Mac edition. The JD ad on my system lays there quietly until the mouse passes over it (usually on the way to something else) Once the dropdown occurs, I can't get rid of it. I can change between the four tabs, but one of them stays down all the time, until I go to a new page. Once the dropdown has occured, any of your page links that might get covered by the dropdown, go dead until I refresh the page or move to a new page. This is really irritating, but at least I have found a work around.BTW, you have one of the best web presentations I have ever seen. I really like your discussion software, many sites are so poorly presented that I have quit using them. Just a thought, you might want to put a link to the user control panel some where on the home page.Keep up the excellant work, you are obviously performing a valuable service for everyone.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #36  
For however much or little it might be worth, I have discovered something on the Deere ad. If you pass your cursor over the far right button (Save $1,000) the drop down drops and stays until you hit the close button.

What I found today was that if you move your cursor over any of the other three buttons to the left of the 'Save $1,000' button that window will close and whichever window replaces it will close as soon as you move your cursor off it's button.

Again, I'd like to thank Deere for being an advertiser here and supporting TBN. It makes me even happier I drive green. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #37  
<font color=blue>Actually, what I just noticed is more than annoying - NONE of the buttons at the top of the page immediately below the ad (e.g. Control Panel / Who's Online / User List / FAQ / Logout Previous / Index / Next / Expand ) will work for me any time that Deere add is up there. I have to reload the page to get another ad up there. I'm using Netscape. <font color=black>

Thats exactly whats happening to me, and I am using Internet Explorer version 5. I can't reply or see any posts on any page that has that [censored] JD ad on it.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #38  
I don't mind the ad, but any time the JD ad comes up, I can't flatten the view and I can't reply - period. Does not matter where the mouse cursor is. With my slow connection it becomes very frustrating having to start over and try not to get the JD ad.

Any links that would be where the ad expands to don't work. I'm not moving the cursor to the ad, and I'm not clicking on anything. This is not operator error at all.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #39  
As soon as I catch sight of the Deere ad I immediately hit the reload button on my browser, get rid of the Deere ad and get full functioning of my TBN controls back. I'm sure this is not the kind of reaction the Deere marketing folks were hoping to elicit with their advertising dollars.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #40  
That has been my fix as well. See green - reload the page. Slow and irritating, but at least it works. I sure hope JD tractors work better than their software.