Price Check Deere Pricing

/ Deere Pricing #1  

cowboydoc

Tractor
JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer
There are alot of questions on Deere pricing. Deere is very, very easy to see what kind of deal you are getting without having to ask. Every Deere tractor available has a build and price section at the Deere website. You can figure up the RETAIL price here.

Based on the retail price if you are getting 10-12% off of list consider that a good deal. If you are getting 12-15% off of list you are getting a great deal. From 15-25% off of list is an excellent deal. I went through alot of dealers to avoid the haggling bull. My current dealer usually gives me 20-25% off of list depending on the product. I've tryed to get him to tell me what the markup is but he hasn't. He tells me I'm buying close to invoice at the 23% off price on tractors and gators. I get 20-23% off of list on attachments. He claims they don't have as much of a markup on them.

Anyway use the deere configurator to figure your price then the percentages to see where you are. I've never seen anyone get more than 25% off of list for a tractor so I think that's pretty much the ceiling and must pretty close to invoice.

/ Deere Pricing #2  
Good post Doc! Now how do you sticky note it to the top of the section...

You can also solicit bids right from the configurator... This works great, as there is less chance of confusion ... I was also able to find a dealer with low overhead and still easily with driving distance this way.

/ Deere Pricing #3  
My dealer typically does 10% off the tractor (in stock or ordered) and then 10% off in-stock attachments only. If he has to order attachments he holds pretty firm to list price. He said his pricing & payment terms to JD corporate are not good when he special orders attachments; probably JD turning the screws a bit to get him to have more attachments in inventory.

Earlier this year he was having a hard time getting certain tractor models (a 3-4 month wait) and mentioned that he's allocated tractors based on his last year sales of the same model. I went in last week to look at the 4110's - again - and being near the end of his busy season he was much more pliable on pricing than just a few weeks ago. A combination of probably not selling many tractors during the winter months and wanting to insure his allocation of 4110's for next year seemed to work in my favor.

-Norm

/ Deere Pricing #4  
2nstonge,
I suspect dealers are more inclined to discount the 4000 10 series machines right now because they are being replaced by the new 3000 series units. The dealer in my area claims it is now getting difficult to locate the "older" units including the now old 48 BHs and 430 FELs.
Steve Z

/ Deere Pricing #5  
Steve,

My dealer expects the 4000's to be available for at least another year; probably longer. He won't see 3000's until summer 2005 and even then they'll be on allocation, he'll have no "in the field" observations or experience regarding repairs, reliability, etc. I can sure use the BH a bit this fall and need to be comfortable with it, and the tractor in general, so I can jump in with both feet on a bunch of projects next spring.
Discontinued in the next year or not the 4000's are being spanked with a 7% price increase on Nov 1. Whatever the reasons for a 'good deal' I'm glad I got it!

-Norm

/ Deere Pricing #6  
Norm,
Interesting. I got what amounts to a 15% discount off the entire package I bought, plus the dealer gave me $2500 trade in on a 45 loader that I only paid $2800 a year ago. The dealer told me he had a sale for another 4310 after I bought the last one he had on the lot and had a heck of a time locating one. He is getting the new 3000's in 2/05. Anyway, I feel better knowing I just beat the 7% increase.
Steve

/ Deere Pricing #7  
cowboydoc,
Being a business owner myself, I am curious how you can wrangle a 20-25% discount from a dealer who claims his invoice is close to 23% less than MSRP. Either he is: 1. misleading you on his true invoice cost, 2. a fool, or 3. afraid you will post the pictures you have so he will deal with you at or below cost.
Steve Z

/ Deere Pricing
<font color="green">I am curious how you can wrangle a 20-25% discount from a dealer who claims his invoice is close to 23% less than MSRP </font>

You'll have to ask the dealer on that. There are guys on here that have gotten similiar deals in states far away from me. Since we don't know the actual dealer invoice, kickbacks, etc. it's probably pretty hard to know the bottom line. I would say they are still making money though.

On the other side I just bought my new 2005 Ford Superduty King Ranch DRW 4x4 Dually for $500 under invoice plus the rebates. Invoice was $44,580 and I paid $42,080. How can that be? This dealer sells to everybody that is in commercial business for $500 under invoice plus the rebates. How does he do it and stay in business??? I don't know but he does.

/ Deere Pricing #9  
There is money and other incentives to the dealer after the deal

There are quotas to be met

New allocation is based on sales, a delaer trying to build allocation will work hard for sales

Equipment sold quickly takes much less floor plan hit than if it sits on the lot

I think that buying a TEN now is a good deal, but if they are so hard to get it is because the factory is already tooling up or even producing the TWENTYs now.

Ask the guys who bought a Gator and the HPX was on the lot the next week, or the ones who said it'c be next summer for the 4000 TWENTYs

/ Deere Pricing #10  
I got the 4010 HST tractor for $9,775. Think the JD site lists $11,900 for it. Neither the LX 4 cutter nor the 410 loader were discounted though. Prices are virtually the same as on the JD site.

Ralph