Deere Technical manual and part manual

/ Deere Technical manual and part manual #1  

JJE64

Tractor
X585
I am going to purchase the tech manual for my X585. My goal is to learn more about the assembly and maintenance of my machine. I will not be doing engine overhauls so have little interest in valve tolerance and piston clearance, etc.

Why would I want to buy the parts manual in addition to or in place of the tech manual? Can't I get the same data in the parts manual on the Deere web site? What will the parts manual give me beyond the tech manual?

I am interested in hydraulic info, connetions, funtions, etc. Electrical info, disassembly of the tractor to a subsystem level, that is "this is how you remove the body, or dash, etc.

Thanks
John

Thanks
John

/ Deere Technical manual and part manual
I am going to purchase the tech manual for my X585. My goal is to learn more about the assembly and maintenance of my machine. I will not be doing engine overhauls so have little interest in valve tolerance and piston clearance, etc.

Why would I want to buy the parts manual in addition to or in place of the tech manual? Can't I get the same data in the parts manual on the Deere web site? What will the parts manual give me beyond the tech manual?

I am interested in hydraulic info, connetions, funtions, etc. Electrical info, disassembly of the tractor to a subsystem level, that is "this is how you remove the body, or dash, etc.

Thanks
John

Thanks
John

/ Deere Technical manual and part manual #3  
I added a parts book to the purchase terms when I bought the same tractor. Parts book is quite helpful. The exploded drawings are really a help in doing work.

/ Deere Technical manual and part manual #4  
I added a parts book to the purchase terms when I bought the same tractor. Parts book is quite helpful. The exploded drawings are really a help in doing work.

/ Deere Technical manual and part manual #5  
I bought the service manual and parts manual for my JD 950. The service manual gives step by step instructions for disassembly and assembly and you need it for torque settings, clearances, etc. But the parts manual is a great help. The exploded diagrams give a much better picture of what you are working on and how all the parts and pieces fit together. And when you go in for parts, you can tell the counter guy that you want part number so and so, instead of "that little round piece with the knob on the end". True, you can get the info from the web site, but it is so handy to have the book right in front of you.

/ Deere Technical manual and part manual #6  
I bought the service manual and parts manual for my JD 950. The service manual gives step by step instructions for disassembly and assembly and you need it for torque settings, clearances, etc. But the parts manual is a great help. The exploded diagrams give a much better picture of what you are working on and how all the parts and pieces fit together. And when you go in for parts, you can tell the counter guy that you want part number so and so, instead of "that little round piece with the knob on the end". True, you can get the info from the web site, but it is so handy to have the book right in front of you.

/ Deere Technical manual and part manual #7  
I wouldn't pay for a parts manual that is already obselete when JDParts is free and always up to date.

/ Deere Technical manual and part manual #8  
I wouldn't pay for a parts manual that is already obselete when JDParts is free and always up to date.