Comparison Deere v Kuboto

/ Deere v Kuboto #21  
just to be honest kubota does not make a machine to compete with the john deere X series, but if i were you i would look hard at the bx series kubota. i think you will find that for just a little more money you can go with the bx and have alot more tractor, hope this helps.

/ Deere v Kuboto #22  
Here are my thoughts and remember, I'm entitled to my opinion just like everyone else. For sub compact and compact tractors, the Kubota line is pretty hard to beat. Not that the John Deere tractors are bad or inferior, I just think you get more for your money with the orange tractor in that size. For lawn/garden tractors John Deere is the leader and Cub Cadet (I'm talking about the real JD and CC not the "branded" ones sold at the large discount stores) is also a very good option; my third choice in lawn/garden tractors would be the Kubotas. When you move up to true agriculture tractors John Deere or International are the leaders.

The OP is asking about the "X" line of JD which is basically a large garden tractor. I don't think there is a directly comparable model in the Kubota line, you would have to jump to the BX line. Since I already have a B3300SU Kubota, when I was shopping for a new lawn/garden tractor I looked at Kubota, Cub Cadet and John Deere. Kubota just didn't compare when shopping like priced models. None of the Cub dealers within 100 miles of me had any of the models in stock that I was considering and I wasn't about to buy without seeing it in person first. I drove several different JD models and found the X320 fit my needs best and I took it home that day. It's also hard to beat the 30 day money back "trial" John Deere offers (at least I think they are still doing that) and with a 4 year, 500 hour warranty to boot.

/ Deere v Kuboto #23  
   / Deere v Kuboto #24  
The GR series is somewhat close to the X500 but I disagree that the T series is a match to the X300 line. If you look at them in person which I did, the green tractors (300 & 500) give you more for your money; IMO.

/ Deere v Kuboto #25  
not sure what that model Deere sells for, but I just got a new BX1860 and it is great! Traded a Cub Cadet mower on it, so this is my first real tractor. It is great because it is still quite maneuverable for a diesel 4x4 tractor and has LOADS of power compared to any gas mower. If I were you, I would at least go to the Kubota dealer and ask to drive the BX around a little and get a feel for it. They are quite affordable for what they can do, and I think you would love it for the added capabilities over a standard lawn tractor. Good luck and have fun with the search!!!

/ Deere v Kuboto #26  
not sure what that model Deere sells for, but I just got a new BX1860 and it is great! Traded a Cub Cadet mower on it, so this is my first real tractor. It is great because it is still quite maneuverable for a diesel 4x4 tractor and has LOADS of power compared to any gas mower. If I were you, I would at least go to the Kubota dealer and ask to drive the BX around a little and get a feel for it. They are quite affordable for what they can do, and I think you would love it for the added capabilities over a standard lawn tractor. Good luck and have fun with the search!!!

I totally agree with that. Like I said, since I already have a 33HP diesel compact tractor with a FEL, fork lift attachment for the FEL, shredder, grader blade, subsoiler, 3pt scoop, 3pt log splitter and Wallenstein 4" chipper; the BX line would have been more garden tractor than I need. For the OP, it is probably a very good option, it just depends on what he needs it for.
Like PAlittleKub said, go drive the Kubotas since they are close to you. Having a dealer close is a big plus when you need work done to the tractor or need accessories.

/ Deere v Kuboto
Well, I did decide on the Deere X540. I think it will be just what I need.
I wasn't at a point where I could spend a lot of time comparing, and this is an insurance replacement, so didn't what to hassle with that.
Kinda like its hard not to buy a Ford truck. Ah, thinking with my heart again.

I will have some upcoming questions.

Thanks all for your input!

/ Deere v Kuboto #28  
Congrats, the X540 is a nice mower.