Deere vs Kubota

/ Deere vs Kubota #21  
Mark and Andy, I agree. I really didn't even consider whether it was direct or indirect injection when I bought my tractor. I don't see any smoke (except that little puff when it first fires), don't have any unpleasant odors, sure can't complain about fuel consumption, and I've got all the power I can use in a tractor of its size, so what's to be concerned about?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Deere vs Kubota #22  
From a stand point of cost the direct injection is less expensive to build. Being a dealer in N.Y. when it gets cold here people go from dealer to dealer trying to start tractors. It's always the Kubota's that start without the aid of the block heater the best. An additional note that the Kubota produces less smoke when cold starts are performed so in the garage attached to the house it's a little more acceptable for our partners in life.

/ Deere vs Kubota #23  
Re: Indirect Injection

That is interesting Art,

When I had my Massey, you could smell it an hour after it was turned off in the barn from the diesel fumes. Since the exhaust came out the rear, it was nearly impossible to hook up with the tractor running.

The Kubota sure runs clean and does not smoke. It is indirect injection and the Massey was direct injection if that matters. Another thing is the fuel economy seems to be very good with the Kubota.

Don't know exactly what cold weather is, so take your word for that. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Deere vs Kubota #24  
If you can save "4000 grand" on the Kubota, thats a 4 million dollar savings, I would go with Kubota and invest the rest in Cisco, Intel, Applied Materials etc. Rat...

/ Deere vs Kubota #25  
The difference in DI vs IDI isn't all that clear. The old IDI may be somewhat inferior to DI, but even that is generalizing. I have a 2120 with DI, I have tried the new Kubota 4610 with IDI and will hands down take it over the DI 2120 (the 2120 came from the factory with a catalytic converter). Quieter, less vibration, more fuel efficient and no question, less (no) smoke, even under a strain. That doesnt automatically make me feel though that IDI is superior. So much R&D has gone into todays diesels for trucks, which have been primarily DI, ie., the Cummins B5.9L which is now using a Bosch computerized fuel injection pump, all to meet emission standards particularly here in CA. Kubota makes great, no, fantastic DI engines on their larger tractors. Why they went to IDI on the L4610 and smaller units must have had some merit as developing a new engine cannot be cheap. It is the first compact tractor motor to exceed CARB* requirements. The IDI on Kubotas is very good and in my opinion, better then the DI diesels Yanmar and Shibura is building. The old DI on my International 454 is a dirty stinkin diesel with plenty of power, but give me the new Kubota IDI any day. Rat...

*California Air Resoures Board

/ Deere vs Kubota #26  
I boght a J.D. 4300 today. Traded a Kubota B2100, This was the third and wost tractor I owned. The 2100 was under-powered, smoked, and hard to steer with bucket on. Paid $17,000. last year for it with bucket and 60" mower. Value really whent down since they came out with 7500.
Whent and looked at 2710 and 2910. Compared 4200 and 4300. Drove both, 4300 won hands down! More hydroclics, beter seat, more comfort, better all around. Kubota does has a little better and smoother hydrostatic. One word of advise, shop, shop, shop. I found a dealer who beat all other deals by $2000.

/ Deere vs Kubota #27  
I too bought the Kubota machine after looking at them all . This should be named "Buying a Kubota". Didnt know So many people shared my affliction.
Good Tractoring!!!