Deere X585 Hydrostatic Relied Valve: A Question

/ Deere X585 Hydrostatic Relied Valve: A Question #1  

JJE64

Tractor
X585
How can I tell if the tranny hydro relief valve is installed on my tractor?

When I bought the tractor (which included the 47" snowblower) the dealer claimed it came with this part.

Thanks
John

/ Deere X585 Hydrostatic Relied Valve: A Question #2  
Look to see if it is installed. To find out where it goes, check the schematics at the dealer and then trace it on your machine. I recall installing one, but can't quite envision just how to describe it to you.

Is there a reason you doubt the dealer is telling it straight to you?

/ Deere X585 Hydrostatic Relied Valve: A Question
The only reason I doubt the dealer is because based on my research (Deere's web site, etc) it indicates the relief valve is not a part that is used with the snowblower. I questioned the dealer numerous times to confirm. He kept saying it had it. BUT, that was pre-sale. He gave me a good price, the dealer has been good, but I need to touch and see to believe. Just my way.

/ Deere X585 Hydrostatic Relied Valve: A Question #4  
Shouldn't be too hard to check it out, by stopping by the parts counter and looking at where it goes. Doesn't amount to much, as I recall. May have been installed when putting on a FEL. Probably doesn't come from the factory installed, so the dealer (salesman?) may be thinking of a different 'relief' valve. Sometimes these guys don't know and aren't the type of personality that want to admit they 'don't know'. Either the parts counter or talk to a mechanic working on the consumer products or setting them up.

/ Deere X585 Hydrostatic Relied Valve: A Question #5  
Are you reffering to the valve below the additional color coded hydro. valves?

/ Deere X585 Hydrostatic Relied Valve: A Question
No. That is the valve that allow you to either send hydraulic fluid to the rear cylinder (3 pt and mower) OR to the upper SCV for usage up front (with a snowblower, for example).

The valve I am asking about typically comes with the loader and is mounted on/near the tranny for protection of it when the tractor is under heavy loads.

I just don't know what it looks like or where on/near the tranny it would be mounted

John

/ Deere X585 Hydrostatic Relied Valve: A Question #7  
It's mounted on top of the tranny, if I remember correctly. Might have to remove the fender deck under the seat, or at least the seat bracket.

What did you find out from the dealer as far as a schematic?

That valve on the SCV is just a shut-off valve, to stop flow going to the rear hyd ram as mentioned. No 'relief' there. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Deere X585 Hydrostatic Relied Valve: A Question #8  
This might help; I think the valves are W and AH

Attachments

• 877419-hydraulic.jpg
    877419-hydraulic.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 516
   / Deere X585 Hydrostatic Relied Valve: A Question #9  
Top drawing of our rear axle;

Attachments

• 877422-hyd 2.jpg
    877422-hyd 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 395
   / Deere X585 Hydrostatic Relied Valve: A Question #10  
You'll need to pull the rear fender deck off the tractor. The relief valve is located on the top of the hydro unit. You will be able to tell immediately if it has been installed. It will stick up a couple inches. Along with this valve a new freewheeling lever would have been installed also.

The dealer's claim may be valid, the relief valve is recommended with the FEL and other front mounted implements like the blower which can send increased hydraulic pressures back though the system to the hydro.