Defective B2150 Seat Belt?

/ Defective B2150 Seat Belt? #1  

Kelvin

Platinum Member
Tractor
B2910 & BX23 (previously B2150 & B7100D)
I have reasonably steep slopes on my property and prefer using the seat belt. On my B2150, I put the seat belt on an tighten it up only to have it loosen itself completely in less than 5 to 10 minutes, depending on what I'm doing. The belts visually appear to be in excellent condition.

Has anyone else had problems with seat belts not staying tight? Does anyone know if Kubota dealers would sell them at cost like they do the ROPS for older Kubotas (safety issue...) or would the dealers charge full retail? My local dealer didn't know if there were any "seat belt deals" and is checking with the Kubota representative. In the mean time, any information would be appreciated.

/ Defective B2150 Seat Belt? #2  
I saw a message Bird had written that said the took the cover off of his, blew it out with compressed air, and that fixed it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif He said it just had a lot of junk had gotten in the mechanism.

/ Defective B2150 Seat Belt? #3  
Wen,

This isn't quite the problem that Bird had but cleaning it sure couldn't hurt anything! Bird's belt wouldn't un-retract.

Good Luck, JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Defective B2150 Seat Belt? #4  
I'm not familiar with the belt on the B2150. Is it the retractable kind, or the two belts that you buckle together in front of you?

Bird

/ Defective B2150 Seat Belt?
My B2150 seat belts are the two-piece non-retractable kind that meet in the middle when buckled.

/ Defective B2150 Seat Belt? #6  
Sorry Kelvin, I wouldn't know how to help you with that type without seeing it. It should have a metal "bar" that the belt goes around and the tighter you tighten it, the harder it should be for it to loosen, but of course it shouldn't loosen by itself.

Bird

/ Defective B2150 Seat Belt? #7  
Kelvin - I have a similar style belt on my Ford 1220; it has also tended to loosen quickly (though I wouldn't say "completely"). I just retighten it periodically. I'm not sure if the B2150 belts have the same sort of plastic retainers on the receiver side (designed to keep the loose belt end from flopping around) as my 1220; I've found cinching that as tight as possible helps.

I'm curious if the current New Holland TC's have switched to a retractable style belt (JIMBinMI?) It sounds a lot more convenient than the old style, which frequently gets tangled in the 3 point control.

/ Defective B2150 Seat Belt? #8  
Re: Boomer Belts

AndyinCT,

My TC18 does not have a retractable belt, but I don't know if the deluxe tractors (TC21D,TC25D, etc.) do or not. The TC18 is available in Gear or Hydro, I have Hydro and it has folding ROPs like the other deluxes but none of the other features...that I know of, but it's still an awesome machine! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

And for the guy that said that all compacts were made in Japan, here's a quote from the New Holland board!

"Boomer compact tractors are built from the ground up to blast through any job. Assembled at the New Holland plant in Dublin, Georgia, Boomer applies the best in big-tractor thinking to a compact for the farm, the estate or the job site." Groovy, huh!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!