Deleted Posts need a check and balance

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #21  
<font color="blue">I am not sure about the 'cascade' effect, Muhammad?</font>

In simple terms, there are two ways in which messages disappear:

1) User deleted
2) Moderator/admin deleted

In the case of the former, if there are no replies, the post is removed in its entirety---no trace remains. If there are replies, then the message is cleared, marked as deleted, and all replies remain. The reason for this is to maintain order in the database.

If a moderator removes it, regardless of whether there are any replies or not, that post and all replies if there are any, are removed.

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #22  
Dave,

Your first post (linked above) was to a question in the Owning/Operating forum. Your second post ( link here ) was in response to a post in the Kubota Owning/Operating forum. Two different threads. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

This second post is where you started getting aggravated because you couldn't see your first post. It was still there, just in a different thread in a different forum. This is another reason why posters shouldn't ask the same question in two different forums. Leads to confusion on the part of responders. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Dave,

Your first post (linked above) was to a question in the Owning/Operating forum. Your second post ( link here ) was in response to a post in the Kubota Owning/Operating forum. Two different threads. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

This second post is where you started getting aggravated because you couldn't see your first post. It was still there, just in a different thread in a different forum. This is another reason why posters shouldn't ask the same question in two different forums. Leads to confusion on the part of responders. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>

Oh boy. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I offer my humble appologies to all who helped here. I'll now go and post a retraction in the correct forum.

Regards,

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #24  
Dave:

I've got some fresh crow here I'll ship to you. Don't feel bad, I've eaten quite a bit of it myself /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #25  
It tastes kinda like chicken. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #26  
<font color="blue"> It tastes kinda like chicken. </font>

Ya'll are oviously way better than me. I thought chicken tastes like crow /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #27  
Don't feel too bad Dave. After all, it took the collective brainpower of TBN - including Moderators, members, and the Forum Master - more than 12 hours to stumble on to the answer. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

And stumble is the operative word. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Don't feel too bad Dave.
)</font>
Well, as a consolation prize, I did learn something important here though. Go to your home page and check your recent posts before you claim you've lost a posting.

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #29  
Thanks, I didn't know this either.