Delphi CAV DPD Injection Pump Issues!!

/ Delphi CAV DPD Injection Pump Issues!! #1  

wood292

Tractor
Masse
Hi,

I have a Delphi CAV DPD RE-21504, Injection pump on a 4cyl JD air compressor application. The pump does have the shut off actuator which has been checked. The issue is was hard start excessive cranking. The lift pump was replaced before I got it but seems to have good fuel flow to pump. I removed pump after fuel verification to pump and checking for air intrusion, all seems good. I removed the pump and replaced all seals and also replaced internal vanes and vane ring. The end seal seemed to be bad leaking fuel into crank case which I thought was my issue, depressurization. The main internal pump rollers looked ok but the timing advance cam ring seemed to have noticable wear. I did however bench test the pump and It did squirt fuel out from each port. Have not been able to locate a replacement. I seem to think I have a bad cam. Also I have had a hard time getting good fuel to injectors to fire, might be tied to bad cam ring not sure. I put pump back on to try and I have same issue, cranks but takes for ever to start to get smoke. The main bleeder gets fuel fine but the upper bleeder on the govenor cover is dry, cant seem to get fuel here. Lift pump pumps for a bit thin seems to pressurize and stop pumping, great fuel at main bleed on pump though. Pulling my hair out on this one!!

Please Help!!