Delta 36-220 wood chop saw

/ Delta 36-220 wood chop saw
weird....in any case.. I'll tell him to check the comutator and the brushes

i've got the link.. it's just the size of a quarter on a telephone though.. :)

I tried stretching it and it ust got fuzzy. :)

but brushes shorted to each other sounds good. thanks

/ Delta 36-220 wood chop saw #14  
Soundguy,
Kevinwak is correct. The "brake" circuit works with much lower power (voltage) than the "run" circuit and therefore is much more sensitive to poor commutation.

that makes sense.

I'll have my buddy checkt he comutator and the brushes, and check the wires on the 2nd part of the switch ( Off position ) to see if the wires tot he brushes are intact.

next would be the switch contacts.

My buddy is not electrically inclined.( but he is smart as a whip, clever, and mechanically inclined / experienced tractor fixer-upper.. :) ).so this is gonna be an uphill struggle over the phone. :)

/ Delta 36-220 wood chop saw #16  
Steave,
Actually, when the switch is off the brushes are connected to the fields (those squiggly lines) directing generated power (from a coasting motor = generator) back into the commutator causing the armature to be driven in reverse.

/ Delta 36-220 wood chop saw #17  
i've got the link.. it's just the size of a quarter on a telephone though.. :)

I tried stretching it and it ust got fuzzy. :)

but brushes shorted to each other sounds good. thanks

Did you click on the page before enlarging?? It's not clear but readable. Do you use (Ctrl +) for enlarging?

yes I clicked onthe page.. but remember.. i don't own a conventional PC.. I'm on mobile devices 99% of the time. :)

my largest screen is a medium tablet .. smaller than a ipad..e tc..

Email012.jpgok.. i had my buddy clean the brushes and the comutator.. though he said they looked ok.

he drew a pictoral. shows 2 wires to the brushes.. the blk/wht to the power cord and 3 wires to the motor.. all from the switch...

if i can get him to use an ohm meter ( IF :) ) what is the best bet to get him to check to see if the switch is working correctly to dump motor to brush

The brushes short to each other when off. Here's a wiring diagram, go to page B diagram at bottom right of page.

In the diagram it shows some squiggly symbols on the Brake wires from the switch. Don't know what these are??

that diagram is about an inch on my telephone.. like I said before 2-3 times now... I don't own a pc with one of them nice big monitors on a desk... I work off mobile devices with screens and keyboards the size of phones.. my biggest machine is a small form factor tablet pc with a screen a couple inches SMALLEr than an ipad... OR an iphone 3gs. :)

I will have to see if I can email it to someone to print for me as I can't see anything with enough resoloution to tell what those wires and switch contacts say. i see what looks like a dpdt switch.. but that's it.. :)

i'll maybee run by the office on the way to the jobsite and see if i can't print it.

if i could SEE the switch contacts on the diagram, I'd know what wires were being connected via switch when open and in closed position