Quick Hitches DeltaHook - anyone own or use one?

/ DeltaHook - anyone own or use one? #1  

myyaz33

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T273
I really like the idea of the Deltahook system but sure don't see many TBNers that have one. Do you or anyone you know have or use one?

/ DeltaHook - anyone own or use one? #2  
I just checked out the website for the Delathook System.

They suggested a price of close to $900.00 to get started with the plates.

WOW!! Quite a bit compared to the quick hitches usually mentioned on the forum.

George

/ DeltaHook - anyone own or use one? #3  
Appeared to be a clever idea at one time. Not one that caught on, and prlly the quick hitch idea prevailed as better.

/ DeltaHook - anyone own or use one?
I personally think the triangle idea is superior to any of the quick hitches but sure can't see the price difference justification.

/ DeltaHook - anyone own or use one? #5  
I see little advantage over the quick hitch system, but several disadvantages. May just be me.

Disadvantage #1 would be the requirment to have a delta receiver on each implement. True, the implements may need to be altered to comply with the quick hitch's, but no more than needed to refit a delta receiver (IMO).

#2 would be, for me, fewer alternate uses that the quick hitch can be put to....such as the top hook for a set of logging tongs, welded grab hooks for hooking chains to and pulling things. The delta hook just seems to have the one application.

#3 would be visibility of the attachment. I can look through the arch in the quick hitch (iMatch for me) and see the tiller, the blade, the box scraper, etc. Not so much with the plates of the delta hook.

Granted, looks like when the delta hook is hooked and going, it will do the job of holding the attachment.

/ DeltaHook - anyone own or use one? #6  
It's a good system, I've had it for 3-4 years now. Yes it is expensive to get started if you have a lot of implements, I only have 4. The customer service is bar none. I hooked a chain to the main plate (that is on the tractor) and was trying to do something stupid and bent the plate. I called the company to get another one and they said they would replace it free of charge. I had Pat's for a short while until I saw this.

/ DeltaHook - anyone own or use one? #7  
It's a good system, I've had it for 3-4 years now. Yes it is expensive to get started if you have a lot of implements, I only have 4. The customer service is bar none. I hooked a chain to the main plate (that is on the tractor) and was trying to do something stupid and bent the plate. I called the company to get another one and they said they would replace it free of charge. I had Pat's for a short while until I saw this.

Do you have any objections or negatives to it at all? (other than the dang price)

/ DeltaHook - anyone own or use one? #8  
The only problem I ever had was that my box blade popped loose at the bottom while using it. I've only used the box blade a couple of times so it wasn't something I worried about.

/ DeltaHook - anyone own or use one? #9  
I run a John Deere iMatch hitch on my Kubota. Love it! And I got it for like $100 because it had been sitting in the rain at the dealer for 1 year. Didn't matter... Painted it black so that Green didn't clash with my Orange!! Lol

/ DeltaHook - anyone own or use one? #10  
I was gonna look at the iMatch this time around. Til I realized I was gonna get to keep the DeltaHook on the new tractor.