Desktop computer suddenly refuses to play videos

/ Desktop computer suddenly refuses to play videos
Weird thing is, the desktop began working properly late yesterday afternoon, not a glitch at all and there seems to be no real reason why. Will run down and try it again in about an hour to see what results. Yes, now it is working fine...and I have no idea why.

Last edited:
   / Desktop computer suddenly refuses to play videos #22  
Always start with the most simple, basic steps in troubleshooting.

Always start with the most simple, basic steps in troubleshooting.

Which I interpret to mean "Shut it down, then restart....????" Tried that numerous times when the issue surfaced but no fix.

/ Desktop computer suddenly refuses to play videos #24  
just curious.. was the video one you had downlaoded.. or online?

perhaps it was a server issue? and then resolved itself?

just curious.. was the video one you had downlaoded.. or online?

perhaps it was a server issue? and then resolved itself?

Soundguy...when the issue occurred, it was always a streaming video from online. I never download anything to save and the problem was the same no matter what the source of the video. Weird thing is, I now have the problem AGAIN this afternoon...

/ Desktop computer suddenly refuses to play videos #26  
got another device to test with to make sure it is not a server issue feeding the video?

/ Desktop computer suddenly refuses to play videos #27  
Which I interpret to mean "Shut it down, then restart....????" Tried that numerous times when the issue surfaced but no fix.
Yes, reboot is first.
Second is Clean your hard drive with CCleaner and then defrag it with Auslogics Disk Defragmenter in the OPTIMIZE mode.
Then try it again and see if the videos work.
Those are the simplest, easiest steps to take before you start digging deeper, intsalling drivers, system restores, etc...

If you go to the doctor and say "I'm constipated" he'll tell you to eat some prunes before he'll cut your stomach open to see why it isn't working.

I'm the PC doctor. Your system is dogging out on videos. Lets clean up your system before we tear it apart. Its something you should do on a 'regular' basis, anyway. :laughing: