Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures

/ Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures
I removed the backhoe and loader. It wasn't too hard, but I'm reserving judgement until I manage to get them back on again! The tractor is a lot peppier without the extra weight. I'll see how it likes cutting brush tomorrow. (I plan to cut brush without the loader, let's hope I don't regret it when I get stuck in the mud!)

/ Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures #22  
Chuck you'll be all right but getting the BH off is a lot easier that putting it back on.

The first time installing it took me an hour and a half and a LOT of swearing. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I can do it with the aid of my dolly now in about 15 minutes so it does get easier.

Your rig should be a lot snappier without the BH attached.

/ Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures #23  
Congratulations! That sure is a sweet looking set-up! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Congratulations! That sure is a sweet looking set-up! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

Thank you. I can't stay off of it.

/ Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures #25  
Very nice rig. Yeah, once you get your own trailer, there will be tons of work coming your way. Maybe you can charge for some and build up that new truck fund again.

/ Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures #26  
What great pictures you took! Glad you made it home without any problems. I am very interested in your selection of the skid steer bucket. I think that's a great idea, and was wondering how much you paid for it? It looks like it will hold much more material than the standard heavy duty bucket. Also do you have a NH stock number for it? Congradulations on your excellent choice, and I'm sure your Ford F150 will forgive you. IH3444

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What great pictures you took! Glad you made it home without any problems. I am very interested in your selection of the skid steer bucket. I think that's a great idea, and was wondering how much you paid for it? It looks like it will hold much more material than the standard heavy duty bucket. Also do you have a NH stock number for it? Congradulations on your excellent choice, and I'm sure your Ford F150 will forgive you. IH3444 )</font>

Thanks. Actually I didn't choose that bucket. I specified a New Holland 72" heavy duty quick attach bucket with toothbar. I was asking for the regular HD QA tractor bucket, and was a little disappointed I didn't get it. But technically I got what I asked for (the dealer also sells NH skid steer loaders, and I'm guessing he didn't have a tractor bucket in stock). The reason I'd rather have the other bucket is the lighter weight, but the one I got will probably hold up better, and is normally more expensive. I've got the p/n at home at will post it next time I log on from there.

I gave my F-150 a brake job last weekend. Whether that was related to the earlier abuse I'd rather not say.

The bucket I got is a New Holland p/n 715113016 Skid-Steer 72-in. Dirt & Foundry Bucket, 16.7 cu. ft. , MSRP $732, shipping weight 470 lbs (vs. $582 and 310 lbs for NH 715730036 Quick Attach HD Material Bucket listed for 16LA/17LA loaders).

/ Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures #29  
Thanks much! IH3444