Buying Advice Deuttz 7085

/ Deuttz 7085 #1  

moonlighter1

Tractor
Allis 7080
Hey new to this forum but seem like alot of good info. There is Deutz 7085 for auction in our area very nice condition 1 owner machine. It has a loader and mfwd. I know most deutz are good machines been around some I talked to a dealer in NC said these were good tractors if driven correctly need to know about the transmission. He also claimed that every part is still available for this tractor, which is my biggest concern because I am about 565 miles from a Deutz dealer. Agco is here close but they don't know or have much. Also the tractor has 8500 hours on it the clutch was replaced 2 years ago other wise the owner claims has been a trouble free tractor. Do these smaller deutz engines start well when cold? I have a 9150 deutz allis with the 913 engine and below 50 degrees it needs to be cranked long or plug the heater in not a big deal but can be inconveiant. Any advice would help. Also the dealer in NC said that tractor is worth 12-20,000 in there area.
Thanks
Moonlighter1

/ Deuttz 7085 #2  
Hi there,

I think this is very similar to the Deutz-Fahr DX4.70.
The farm my father worked on ran nearly all Deutz and the 4.70 was the biggest 2wd tractor on the farm.
i don't ever remember it breaking down but then it would have been brand new at that time.
Air-cooled 6 cylinder IIRC. One of my favourite engines. Also ran them in Liebherr track diggers back in the day.
Wicked sounding engine, even at idle.
THis was one of the first tractors I spent a lot of time in as a youth, towing trailers and doing a lot of fencing (post rammer)

I do seem to remember it having about a million gears and a degree of precision was required but really it just came down to not hassling it under load, ie change down before you need it, not when your about to stall it.
This only really applied to towing big loads at road speeds as the later models had an electric splitter button which made life pretty cool when you were 14 :confused2:.

Just about anything will last given the proper care.
Personally I enjoyed my Deutz driving. Others may have alternate experiances.

Cheers :thumbsup: