Deutz Engine Fuel Issue

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue #1  

cey146

Tractor
Ford 1620
I have a 1998 Ditch Witch 3700 Trencher/Backhoe. The engine is a Deutz F3L1011F. I used it a few days ago, parked it and left it idling while I did some hand digging. It died as if someone hit the kill switch. (so to speak) I restarted it, and it would only run for about 30 seconds, then repeat the same thing. Now, it won't start at all. It seems to be a fuel problem. Any and all help is appreciated.

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue #2  
I am going to ask the obvious , but is there fuel in it ? You may be getting air in the system , or a filter is plugged . Have you got a boost pump from the tank to injector pump ?

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue
There is about 3/8 of a tank of fuel. I have loosened the nuts on top of the injectors, and have nothing there. Took the fuel pump off, and it seemed to work by hand. I'm no mechanic, but can make repairs........with a little help from my friends!

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue #4  
Could be trash in the fuel tank. Blow air back thru the fuel line in to the tank and see if that fixes it. I had a Deutz engine do this and this was the problem.

Thanks.

I replaced the fuel pump, and it started right up.

Thanks to all for the help!

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue #7  
Nice machine...glad you got the issue resolved...

I have a 3610 with A322 BH...

Wish there were more D.W. enthusiasts here on TBN...

I have found info on these machines to be very well protected. Hard to get a drawing, diagram, parts list, or anything to help with repairs. This one has a problem with the gauges not working 1/2 of the time, it has to be a loose connection or poor ground somewhere.

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue #9  
I have found info on these machines to be very well protected. Hard to get a drawing, diagram, parts list, or anything to help with repairs. This one has a problem with the gauges not working 1/2 of the time, it has to be a loose connection or poor ground somewhere.

I was quoted a price for a service manual at around $80.00...but parts are not overly expensive...and readily available...They are very well built and are work horses...

Now searching again, for a wiring diagram. Only getting 8 volts to the fuel shut-off solenoid. The engine won't fire. When I put a 12 volt source to the solenoid, it fires right up. I need to know where the other end of the wire is terminated, so I can replace it. It gets lost in a wiring harness, and becomes untraceable.