Deutz Engine Fuel Issue

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue #11  
I wouldn't struggle with it too much, I'd get the old wire out of the way, and run a new wire to the ignition switch... lol

SR

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue
After carefully tracing the wiring, I've found the issue to be in the neutral switch (footswitch), located at the backhoe operator's station. The limit switch's normally closed contacts were corroded, and stuck in the open position.
After cleaning with electrical contact cleaner, and replacing the ring lug terminals, the engine starts as it should. The footswitch allows the operator to move the machine forward or backward, with the backhoe bucket.

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue #13  
Check your fuse block or your key switch. They usually are wired to accessory power so when the key is turned on, the solenoid engages the fuel rack.

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue
Have another issue, which has been an intermittent problem for 3 years. Now, it is a steadily recurring trouble. Machine has about 1500 hours on it. Sometimes runs very rough, has zero power, and is unusable. Checking into it, we find it to only be running on two of the 3 cylinders, and after it gets warmed up, it may only hit on 1 cylinder. I've read many comments on several different forums. Most agree the Deutz to be a good engine, and often don't have problems with it, at so few of hours.
Having changed the fuel fiter, and examined the screen in the fuel pump, I'm at the end of my knowledge as to what to try next.
As always, help from you professionals is very much appreciated.

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue #15  
I had one do things like that, I traced it to junk floating in the fuel, plugging the outlet from time to time.

I suppose a "suction" air leak in a fuel line some place would cause that too...

SR

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue #16  
I have a 1998 Ditch Witch 3700 Trencher/Backhoe. The engine is a Deutz F3L1011F. I used it a few days ago, parked it and left it idling while I did some hand digging. It died as if someone hit the kill switch. (so to speak) I restarted it, and it would only run for about 30 seconds, then repeat the same thing. Now, it won't start at all. It seems to be a fuel problem. Any and all help is appreciated.
I simply put in a electric fuel pump & solved my problem. I replaced the factory fuel pump twice about every 50 hours. Havn't had a problem now 200 hours later. Use a low voluem pump, 4 - 7 pounds

/ Deutz Engine Fuel Issue #17  
Fuel shut off solenoid needs replacing. If it kills with just the key and no pull off.