Deutz salesman

/ Deutz salesman #14  
I just bought a Deutz-Fahr KU250-DN Tedder Rake from the neighbor.
It is a little beat up, but let me know if you would like a photo.

It certainly isn't new, but everything seems to work.

It is still on the trailer, but I'll try to get it unloaded tomorrow.
Now, if I only knew who sold parts for the thing.

/ Deutz salesman #15  
   / Deutz salesman
That rake might have been imported by a europeon farmer who brought it with him- Deutz doesn't sell their haying equipment in North America, however, your nearest Deutz dealer may be able to help you.

We haven't had any requests for haying equipment parts yet.

Funny thing is, I think my dad had a Deutz baler 30 years ago, I'll have to ask him about that- I guess maybe they used to sell that equipment here.

/ Deutz salesman #17  
Ok,
Here are the photos of the rake.

Sorry it doesn't look like a hay field this time of year. Perhaps I'll update the photos this summer.

Deutz-Fahr KU250DN
DeutzFahr.JPGTrailer.JPGSide.JPGRear.JPG

Two basket tedder rake.

I presume there were a few imported to the USA as the tedders were gaining popularity 20 or 30 years ago, although it certainly isn't one of the most common brands.

Sorry I don't see any dates on the tedder or the manual.

/ Deutz salesman
I'll bounce it off our parts guy, I do know of at least one other Deutz tedder owned by one of my customers, so it would be good to figure out if we can get parts any way.
This is an interesting piece of equipment, I've not seen many like it on the market today.

/ Deutz salesman #20  
The tedder came with a box of spare parts from Klamath Falls, Oregon (Pelican Tractor Co.), so they may be a source, or it could have been a recycled box. The Deutz website lists a different Oregon dealer, also in Klamath Falls. Which, of course, is about 200 miles away.

Actually, that was the "ship to":
So, the "Ship From" was Growers Tractor and Equipment Co (Agco) in Bakersfield.

And there is a local Agco source.

Anyway, I'll be ok finding spares, I think.

It did come with quite a few extra tines, and since some of the tines still have orange paint and may be original, I should be ok with those.

Last edited: