DEWALT Recalls Table Saws Due to Laceration Hazard

/ DEWALT Recalls Table Saws Due to Laceration Hazard #21  
mjncad said:
In any case, I'm glad to hear the damage to your hand wasn't worse.

I try to have as much respect for power equipment as I can, and yes I do dumb things too. Like you I realize that my actions could have nasty consequences and I weigh the risks carefully before doing so (e.g. disabling PTO Lawyer Switches on my tractors).

However, when I bring out the gas trimmer, I have a hunch the neighbors think I'm overly paranoid because I wear jeans, a long sleeve shirt, ear and protection, a hardhat with a clear Lexan face shield, and leather tennis shoes. If I can find leather safety shoes that aren't boots, I'll probably get a pair. I've seen people in my neighborhood wear no head, eye and ear protection; they wear short sleeve shirts and shorts and sandals. I think they're nuts because even with what I wear, an errant piece of gravel stings when it hits the legs and tumbleweeds make a heck of a racket when they hit a hard hat. I've had my face shield look like I stood in front of a salad shooter. I use a brush cutter style head on my trimmer.

I'd rather look like a dork and make every effort to be safe than be a cool dude wearing shorts and sandals while weed whacking.

Try walmart I have a pair of safety shoes that are similar to tennis shoes that are steel toed and have non slip soles. They also have tennis shoe safety shoes and then they have leather safety shoes. To give an example my safety shoes I bought are tennis style with non slip soles. They were 30.00 a pair.

/ DEWALT Recalls Table Saws Due to Laceration Hazard #22  
gemini5362 said:
Try walmart I have a pair of safety shoes that are similar to tennis shoes that are steel toed and have non slip soles. They also have tennis shoe safety shoes and then they have leather safety shoes. To give an example my safety shoes I bought are tennis style with non slip soles. They were 30.00 a pair.

Thanks for the tip!

/ DEWALT Recalls Table Saws Due to Laceration Hazard #23  
Who woulda thunk that a table saw is dangerous:confused:

Next thing you know they will be recalling mowers because they cut grass...