Diagnostic message

/ Diagnostic message #1  

sidewalk_man

Hi, I'm a new member here, looks like a great forum. Heres my question, My toolcat is displaying "50-30" as a diagnostic message, I looked it up in my manual and it says it means " sensor supply 2 low". What does that exactly mean? Thank You

/ Diagnostic message #2  
Hey what has happened with yours? mine is giving same code and doesn't drive; I am just trying to figure out why to check a few things bedfore sending it to get checked out at the dealer for lord-knows-how-much!

/ Diagnostic message #3  
I think that code refers to a problem with the throttle sensor. However, my ability to decipher an electrical schematic in the shop manual is limited.

/ Diagnostic message #4  
Thanks, I'll check for wire related problems in those areas. I've seen several people mention recall issues and/or fixes on the older ToolCats, does anyone know of any specifically that I should check into?

/ Diagnostic message #5  
I have a Toolcat "D" and my service manual designates code 50-30 as "5.0 VOLT SENSOR 2 UNDERVOLTAGE". The troubleshooting steps are:
--------------------
1) Disconnect C453 from the Front Speed Sensor. Check for 5.0 volts on C453, pin 3, wire 1560 (yes, at least some of the wires are numbered) to chassis ground. (C453 means Connector 453.)

2a) The voltage reading is 4.1v or greater. System appears Ok. Replace Drive Controller.
2b) The voltage reading is 4.0v or less. Disconnect C350. Check continuity on C350, pin 30, wire 1530 to all other pins on C350. If continuity exists, repair or replace main frame harness. Otherwise (no continuity), the circuit appears Ok. Drive controller is possibly bad. Replace controller.
------------------------
Sorry about the bad grammer, what you see is pretty much what's in the electrical service manual. Apparently the manual writers don't know about the invention of flow charts.
------------------------
Also in the manual....NOTE: IF THE ALARM IS INTERMITTANT AND NOT ON AT THE TIME OF TESTING, THE CAUSE OF THE ALARM MAY NOT BE FOUND AT THIS TIME. PROBABLE CAUSES MAY INCLUDE: LOOSE CONNECTIONS, PUSHED BACK PINS, THE CONTROLLER, THE WIRING HARNESS OR A COMBINATION OF THESE PROBLEMS.
------------------------
Good Luck.

/ Diagnostic message #6  
Thanks, I'll check for wire related problems in those areas. I've seen several people mention recall issues and/or fixes on the older ToolCats, does anyone know of any specifically that I should check into?

You need to call Bobcat customer service and give them your equipment list as well as contact information so you get safety/update notices. When I did this they were able to tell me what updates my machine had as well as any that were missing.

From what I have seen if your machine has white arms for the tilt function it is an 'A' model. If the arms are black it is a 'B' model.

dsb

/ Diagnostic message #7  
The arms are white, the only black is the bobtach plate assembly. The last 6 digits on th eserial # is 511520.

That is good news (I hope) Spudgunner, best case scenario its a wire problem....I was thinking hydraulic all the way since a hose went down shortly before this started happening.

I'll check it out on mine and update you all.