Diamond C Tilt trailer 48HDT ?

/ Diamond C Tilt trailer 48HDT ? #81  
I’ve been searching all over the internet for a 24’ 48HDT partial tilt with no luck finding one in stock. I’m also considering a PJ but no luck finding one of those in 24’ either. Plenty of 22 footers available but looks like the 24’s are scarce. I may have to do the waiting game with an ordered trailer.

Last edited:
   / Diamond C Tilt trailer 48HDT ? #82  
I ended up not ordering one this go around, really want to but need to get at least one of my trailers sold first. $8+k is a big pill for me.

I haven't seen any 24ft either, probably going to have to order it.

/ Diamond C Tilt trailer 48HDT ?
Maybe try calling Diamond C and asking if they shipped any 22-24 foot trailers to a dealer in an area you are willing to travel to? I made a two day r/t journey to get mine.

/ Diamond C Tilt trailer 48HDT ? #84  
I noticed the 24 footers seem hard to find as well. I think PJ tilt trailers have the torsion axles which are different than regular axles with the leaf springs.

/ Diamond C Tilt trailer 48HDT ? #85  
Torsion axles dampen great & are nice for single axle rigs. But when you hit a bump, one axle can end up briefly taking the full weight of the trailer in multi-axle configurations. Leaf springs have that pivot between the 2 leaf packs. So when one axle hits a bump it articulates a bit & shared some of the load with other axles.

Not sure how relevant that is as several quality brands make multi-axle torsion axle setups. You can get a much lower deck height & higher ground clearance at the same time with torsion though. Probably why they are so popular for low tilting deck trailers.

/ Diamond C Tilt trailer 48HDT ? #86  
Torsion axles dampen great & are nice for single axle rigs. But when you hit a bump, one axle can end up briefly taking the full weight of the trailer in multi-axle configurations. Leaf springs have that pivot between the 2 leaf packs. So when one axle hits a bump it articulates a bit & shared some of the load with other axles.

Not sure how relevant that is as several quality brands make multi-axle torsion axle setups. You can get a much lower deck height & higher ground clearance at the same time with torsion though. Probably why they are so popular for low tilting deck trailers.

When I was shopping around, the standard axles with leaf springs is what I wanted for the reasons you mentioned. I did not want torsion axles. Torsion axles are a bit cheaper price wise and that makes the trailer more competitive when selling them on the lot. There are a lot of manufacturers out there selling trailers with torsion axles and you need to look at the specs closely before buying. Cheaper may not be better. I think on a heavy duty trailer, the standard leaf springs are better in the long run.

/ Diamond C Tilt trailer 48HDT ? #87  
When I was shopping around, the standard axles with leaf springs is what I wanted for the reasons you mentioned. I did not want torsion axles. Torsion axles are a bit cheaper price wise and that makes the trailer more competitive when selling them on the lot. There are a lot of manufacturers out there selling trailers with torsion axles and you need to look at the specs closely before buying. Cheaper may not be better. I think on a heavy duty trailer, the standard leaf springs are better in the long run.
I've been pricing axles out lately and torsion are typically more expensive by quite a bit, they have their pluses but for an equipment trailer I prefer leaf springs myself.

The 2 things I liked about the diamond C over the PJ was the axles and paint rather then powder coat.

/ Diamond C Tilt trailer 48HDT ? #88  
I've been pricing axles out lately and torsion are typically more expensive by quite a bit, they have their pluses but for an equipment trailer I prefer leaf springs myself.

The 2 things I liked about the diamond C over the PJ was the axles and paint rather then powder coat.

I did not realize Torsions were more expensive. I stand corrected.