Oil & Fuel Did 2538 50 Hour Service - Now There's a Big Leak?

/ Did 2538 50 Hour Service - Now There's a Big Leak? #11  
I just changed hydro. Oil at 100 hrs, the internal screen is a pain but I was able to remove 1 end (closest to filter) of that 1/4" brass colored rod with a turn buckle on it, it will just barely fit in

oh ok. did u need to loosen the bolts closer to the front?

/ Did 2538 50 Hour Service - Now There's a Big Leak?
hey Karl, did you change out the transmission screen next to the rear wheel? if so did u remove that bar?

I didn't - first I've heard of that. Sounds like dwalk19's got it covered, though. Is it something I need to do?

/ Did 2538 50 Hour Service - Now There's a Big Leak? #13  
oh ok. did u need to loosen the bolts closer to the front?
No that rod will come right off easily at either end, just bend the keeper pin straight and pull out and then remove pin going through bracket, I did have to loosen the lock nuts and take alittle tension off it to get it back in

/ Did 2538 50 Hour Service - Now There's a Big Leak? #14  
Coyote, thanks for all the tips. They'll come in handy next time. I will make sure and check the hydro fluid after running next time I'm down there.

I didn't see a valve to stop the fuel flow to the secondary fuel filter. I've learned now that there are a number of tools made to clamp off fuel and other lines when needed. One looks like a pair of vice grips with rounded jaws that won't damage the hose. Harbor Freight has them for $15.

The leak was at the fitting I saw on Friday. It took a 22mm crowfoot, 12 inch extension, and a breaker bar to tighten it another 1/2 turn or so. No more leak! I'll try to remember to get a picture of it next weekend when I'm down there again.

I think I have the same leak. Please take a picture of the fitting & describe the location.

Great video btw! Thank you