Did I mention I love my 2320???

/ Did I mention I love my 2320??? #1  

jdl

Bronze Member
Hi all it's been a while since I've posted, but just want to let you know I can't be without my 2320 (as any 2320 owner knows). Bought it new in fall of 2007 and only have a little over 200 hours on it but what an awesome 200 hours they were. Tilling, mowing, blading, aerating, cultivating etc etc have all been tons of fun. Mowed with a 72" brush mower (sounds a little heavy and it is but no prob) through some thick grass up some retardedly steep hills (with ROPS and seat belt of course) with nary a grunt. The more I use it the more I love it. The 62D mmm is a dream to put on and off and, and, well you get the picture. Sorry guys for the little outburst of emotion but I couldn't help it!

/ Did I mention I love my 2320??? #2  
Sounds great, now about a pic or two? :)

/ Did I mention I love my 2320??? #3  
I was at the dealer today and eyed one. They look small enough to mow around the yard while being big enough to do real work. I really like that size.

BTW, I was surprised to see a #7 backhoe on it as I knew they were not made to fit on 2x20s. The back bracket was a perfect fit but looking under, I saw they had cut and narrowed the frame near the loader brackets. Still, it looked like it belonged there.

/ Did I mention I love my 2320??? #4  
The 2320 is just a more modern version of my 4010, with better 3ph, etc.

The 4010 was awesome this winter moving our 56" of record snow fall. It's done everything that I've needed.

About the only problem has been need to put tubes in the front tires. They quit holding air too well this winter. They're 6 years old.

Ralph

/ Did I mention I love my 2320??? #5  
I was at the dealer today and eyed one. They look small enough to mow around the yard while being big enough to do real work. I really like that size.

BTW, I was surprised to see a #7 backhoe on it as I knew they were not made to fit on 2x20s. The back bracket was a perfect fit but looking under, I saw they had cut and narrowed the frame near the loader brackets. Still, it looked like it belonged there.
You saw a 2320 with a #7 hoe on it? My JD650 had the #7, wish my 2320 had it, better BH IMO.

/ Did I mention I love my 2320??? #6  
You saw a 2320 with a #7 hoe on it? My JD650 had the #7, wish my 2320 had it, better BH IMO.

Yes. Brand new #7 on the 2320. You are probably not the only one thinking it is better than the 46...

/ Did I mention I love my 2320??? #7  
Yes. Brand new #7 on the 2320. You are probably not the only one thinking it is better than the 46...
Well...I think I shall check that out. The only reason I bought the #46 cause they told me the #7 off of my JD650 would not fit the 2320. I really miss the extra foot reach on the #7 and I like the control levers on the #7 waaaaay better.

/ Did I mention I love my 2320??? #8  
I don't mind the 46 BH but I was wondering if I couldn't add a little more uumph! to the hydrolics on it and the front bucket. Mind you, this is after I picked up a stump twice the size of my bucket last week that almost lifted the back end complete with BH off the ground!
The 46 has done everything I needed on the 2720. If I knew better (you never do!) I would have gone with a 3720 when I started out on this venture several years ago but with that said I have no complaints about the compacts they do more than they are asked for and the smaller guys really get into tight places around my woods that the 3 series just wouldn't.

A 72" rough cut rotary cutter on a 2320! I use a 60" Woods on my 2720 but I don't think I'd push another foot. This thing weighs about 650 lbs. The tractor pulls it around ok but I'm gentle. Break one of your 3 pt arms and it's a pain.

Best,
Rob

/ Did I mention I love my 2320??? #10  
A 72" rough cut rotary cutter on a 2320! I use a 60" Woods on my 2720 but I don't think I'd push another foot. This thing weighs about 650 lbs. The tractor pulls it around ok but I'm gentle. Break one of your 3 pt arms and it's a pain.

Best,
Rob

Wow you don't think very highly of your 3pt.. The 2320 is rated to lift 1150lbs 2ft behind the pins and the 2720 1250lbs so why would you worry abt breaking a draft arm with that little weight. I have put 7 or 8 hundred lbs on my 2320's 3pt and never worry.