Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs?

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs?
I will tend to agree with this train of thought. I just had this discussion with my service manager who was saying how wasteful it is to toss all that fluid after 50 hrs. Heck, he even talked me into doing the 50 hr service myself and gave me a gallon of engine oil, engine oil filter and both the HST and Hydro filters!
I have a 2620 and it states to change the HST filter and hydraulic filter @ 50hrs, not the fluid. You will get shavings and filings from the oil that falls out of the filter when pulling it. However I drained the tranny case into a bucket and strained it with a fine particle screen......nothing. I tossed the oil I caught from the filters and recycled the rest.

Nice job !!! And sounds like a nice service shop too.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #12  
You do change the filters at 50 hours, just not the fluid. I believe you also must use SUDT if you want to keep changing at 400 hour intervals.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #13  
I agree that oil analysis is the only way to really know when to change my oil. I have done this on my car and truck and found out that 5000 miles in 9 months was too long for my truck, and 7500 miles in 3 months was just right for my car (both using non synthetic oils). I plan to do the same at my next tractor oil change to see how my oil holds up. The problem is the cost of the oil analysis is more than an oil change cost so doing it all the time would cost more than it would save, and everyone here would end up with different oil change intervals. So the manufacturer uses a safe oil change interval to cover all types of users.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #14  
I changed the fluid on my B2620 at 50 hours because Kubota told me that it was indeed required and that the owner's manual is incorrect.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #15  

What would you say/do if Kubota refused to pay for warranty repairs because you did not change fluid and filters at 50 hours?

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #16  
Changed ALL my fluids at 50hrs, as the manual says. Engine oil is now every 50 hours and SUDT every 300 now. Don't think I'll ever change the oil in my BH, it's only got like 6 hours now after 2+ years and it's stored indoors, so condensation is moot. Don't think too many Kubota's would conk out even without oil changes, at least during the warranty period! :)

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #17  
I followed the manual on my BX 1860 and did fluids and filters at 50 hrs. I found traces of metal on the screen from break in. May have been overkill but I feel better knowing what is in there now. I live 75 miles from my dealer so I bought what I needed on line from Messick's, who I heard about from this site. Good price and excellent service.
Bill

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #18  
I got my L4400 a few months ago and the manual says change filter at 50 hours and fluid at 400 hours and this is what I did. The magnet on the filter catches most of the filings and the filter catches the rest. Be sure to replace with a genuine Kubota filter that has the magnet.

The couple quarts of oil that spilled out when I changed the filter looked just as clean as the new oil I had to add.

Since I followed Kubota's instructions exactly, they could not object if I had a warranty problem.

Those of you with tractors that recommend changing the oil at 50 hours should do so but in the tractors that Kubota recommends 400 hours, this is the procedure to follow.

If you are one of those who feels like playing it safe and changing your hydraulic oil and engine oil and filters every 50 hours, then go ahead, it's your money. ;)

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs?
What would you say/do if Kubota refused to pay for warranty repairs because you did not change fluid and filters at 50 hours?

How will they ever know?

Or I can show them the manual that says skip it at 50hrs.

I don't think it's typo, it's just who you talk too. There is old school change everything need it or not and new school thinking more carefully of what is really needed.

/ Did kuboto raise 1sr udt change from 50 to 400hrs? #20  
I just picked up a filter and will change mine at 50 hours, not the fluid. I plan on changing the filter every 100 hours after that. Changing the fluid is wasteful to me, our planet has enough problems