Did the 500 hour service on the XR3140 today

/ Did the 500 hour service on the XR3140 today #1  

spruce Deere

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 with loader LS xr3140h also with loader plus a cab
Its actually a little early hour wise 455 hrs, but rather do it now when I have time for it. Instead of taking time in the middle of planting trees, spraying or harrowing, tilling in the couple month window that almost everything needs to happen at once.

For engine oil I used chevron synblend XLE 10w-30 CK-4 rated for the dpf stuffs. Added some hotshot secrets FR3 friction reducer.

The front axle got valvoline full synthetic 75w-90 with the hotshots friction reducer also. Being this was the first oil drain for the front axle, the oil looked like a brown metallic paint. Little spooky looking but no big chunks were found. The drain plugs for the axle were surprisingly not all that tight and had a rubber seal instead of a copper seal like the other plugs.

For transmission/hydraulic oil chevron THF 1000 fluid was used. When draining the factory trans/hyd it had a slight metallic look but not as bad as the front axle oil. The front axle does not have two filters filtering the oil. The drain plug for the trans/hyd system has a magnet in it and all it had stuck to it was a heavy, dark gray metal slime. The magnet is quite strong, holding the plug in place without threading it back in.

All filters used were from the dealer. For next time, I was able to cross all filters to wix filters but the engine oil filter, I think avenger got that one figgered out though....

The LS XR 3140 has been a very reliable machine so far. From plowing snow in single digit temps to spraying in 90+ temps.