Did they fix the NX tractor HST issue?

/ Did they fix the NX tractor HST issue? #1  

CloverKnollFarms

Elite Member
Tractor
TYM4820H
I saw that the NX series tractors had an HST surging issue. I also saw a MANDATORY update that was published in 2021. Did this fix the issue? It states it’s two new grounding straps and software, and could be accomplished at the owners property. Anyone have experience with the issue and the fix? I’m bidding on a tractor this week and want to know what I’m getting into. It’s a really low <300 hour machine.

Last edited:
   / Did they fix the NX tractor HST issue? #2  
I saw that the NX series tractors had an HST surging issue. I also saw a MANDATORY update that was published in 2021. Did this fix the issue? It states it’s two new grounding straps and software, and could be accomplished at the owners property. Anyone have experience with the issue and the fix? I’m bidding on a tractor this week and want to know what I’m getting into. It’s a really low <300 hour machine.
So far it seems to have fixed it. Time will tell though.

/ Did they fix the NX tractor HST issue? #3  
Just my IMHO - But the NX is not something I would purchase, if you like that platform, go for the NS. NS has much better pedal response.

Ground straps were to help with static build up, and I know several NX's have returned after the service bulletin with issues related to HST performance/calibration.

/ Did they fix the NX tractor HST issue? #4  
I really liked my 2018 NX6010 open station. I think it was the perfect size and I liked the HST for the loader work. But I was concerned about the trans failure issues so I traded it in and bought an RX7320 cab with shuttle shift. The shuttle shift isn't as convenient as the HST for loader work but I am still glad I traded. I just found out that the trans on my old NX indeed failed on the new owner. The tractor had about 150hrs on it when I traded it in Feb 2022. Not only are the trans not cheap but it could take 6 months to a year to get one.

/ Did they fix the NX tractor HST issue? #5  
Well I stand corrected. Probably a model/ transmission I would avoid

/ Did they fix the NX tractor HST issue?
The NS is almost impossible to find… looked at a couple DKs and talked to a local dealer who said the market is getting soft, deals will be more plentiful soon

/ Did they fix the NX tractor HST issue? #7  
The NS is almost impossible to find… looked at a couple DKs and talked to a local dealer who said the market is getting soft, deals will be more plentiful soon
They are indeed very difficult to find.

Dealer I worked for had several over the year, but area rep. said allocation is tough.

NS is a nice tractor. DK is probably better value.

/ Did they fix the NX tractor HST issue?
Yeah, I’d like to find a nice DK—-SE