Did you buy your tractor from TBN info

/ Did you buy your tractor from TBN info #41  
I also, don't believe anyone uses TBN for their "only source of information".

I found out about TBN after I had shopped around and bought my tractor. But, I wish I had known about it earlier.

I've learned so much here and not all directly. Sometimes a topic comes up and I do other research outside TBN (including talking to the dealers). But, if I hadn't read about the subject here, I would have not known it existed.

So a big Thanks to TBN and all that contribute!

/ Did you buy your tractor from TBN info #42  
As a dealer, I'll throw out a huge flag when using TBN as your only source of information. There is quite alot out here that is plain wrong or misinformed. There is no substitute for finding a good salesperson at a good dealership. Be informed, but trusting the internet as gospel is not smart.

You may be a good dealer but i had the worse one a person could have.

And it wasn't just me that had a problem, it was other JD customers of his. I had a guy stop me in the parking lot and ask me what i thought of him, i told him he was sorry and didn't give good service, he ask my name and more info. Then i got a letter from the main office of JD and they told me to find a new dealer, and i did. And a lot of people went to the other dealer, now the first dealer is going out of business.

My old dealer never showed me nothing about my tractor, like how to take off the backhoe, but the new one did.

*Now what have i learned from TBN in the last two days.*

My old dealer told me that my rear wheels couldn't be switched around to gain width. I have a 01 4300 and my rear wheels have never been switched, i started a thread Tuesday night asking about this.

Several guys posted that i can switch them and gain 1.5 inch, not much, but good enough and better info. than a dealer.

I have learned more in the past couple days on TBN but its too much info. to type right now.:D

I hope you are good to your customers, because they will keep you in business.

*If TBN is as bad as your making it sound, then why are there so many people on here, and why are you on here saying this?

/ Did you buy your tractor from TBN info #44  
*If TBN is as bad as your making it sound, then why are there so many people on here, and why are you on here saying this?

Never said it was bad, its a great resource. I learn a lot from reading here too. As the person on the receiving end of customers who get a lot of their information here, I see first hand how so many people come away with a half-understanding of things because whats posted here is often not a complete explanation of things since doing so often takes way more time than someone is going to spend at the keyboard. I'd absolutly do alot of online research, however its not in anyway a substitute for going out and getting your butt in the seat of a tractor.

/ Did you buy your tractor from TBN info #45  
Did I buy any of my tractors based on info from TBN? No.

/ Did you buy your tractor from TBN info #46  
Did I buy any of my tractors based on info from TBN? No.

Did I have a much better - more informed - basis for recognizing a good price for a tractor or implement based on information gathered on TBN? Yes.

/ Did you buy your tractor from TBN info #47  
I did do some research here on TBN but utilmately it was the dealer, location, reputation and price for reasons I bought a Kioti.

One thing I did learn here; just about everyone loves their brand of tractor, it's almost like religion. Even the Jimna guys. ;)

/ Did you buy your tractor from TBN info #48  
I still get my "TBN fix" daily, and really appreciate the amazing breadth of knowledge available here. I also really appreciate hearing from dealers, Messick, as well as knowing you are listening!

/ Did you buy your tractor from TBN info #49  
Yea I used TBN. In fact after I had decided on the tractor, I met another local area person on here that was buying the same tractor. We compared prices and I ended up going to the best one he found. I had never used a box blade and am doing the 1/2 mile trail I and 11 others live on. One neighbor works for road construction commented on a job well done. Couldn't have learned it faster than with the knowledge base on here.
Thanks again TBN and Castandblast.