Did you try out your CUT at home before purchasing

/ Did you try out your CUT at home before purchasing #11  
Welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

When I was tractor shopping, I was at a county fair and all the dealers were there. One dealer that offered two brands(NH and one I now forget) offered to bring two similarly equipped tractors(one of each brand), to my home so that I could try them out. I didn't even ask, he offered.

I went to several other dealers and test drove some models there. Some had test areas where you could play in the dirt piles or mow their lawn.

As to my current tractor, I ordered it factory direct. There are no dealers. I promised myself that I would not buy a tractor sight un-seen. So I would either have to make a trip to Virginia or get a different tractor. Fortunately, I happened to see one doing some landscape work in our home town. I asked the fellow operating it a lot of questions. Then he said that his boss was looking to sell it and get a larger one and offered me a test drive! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Saved me a trip to Virginia. Well, I offered to buy it and most of the attachments, but the deal fell through because the guy couldn't get out of his lease(he had two units on the same lease and the bank wouldn't let him seperate them), so I ordered new.

My advice to you and/or anybody considering a tractor purchase is to really take your time, don't rush into anything, and test drive the heck out of as many different models as you can. You may find that one model in particular just reaches out and grabs you and if the good feelings towards the dealer are there, that is a real bonus. Good luck in you search. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Did you try out your CUT at home before purchasing #12  
Dwight tell you what head on over to Ohio and I'll put the key to the TC-40D in your hand. You can use the backhoe, FEL, or whatever else you might see fit to dig, move, and drag dirt around my spread. My machine has about 64 hours on it so it's just broken in and awaiting. I think once you do you'll go <font color="blue"> BLUE</font> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Did you try out your CUT at home before purchasing #13  
My dealer offerred to bring two different kinds of tractors to my home 40 miles away for a long weekend. The tractors I was looking at were sub-CUTs, but his offer (which he followed up on) helped to cinch the deal. Said a lot about the dealer to me...

/ Did you try out your CUT at home before purchasing #14  
Hmmmm....interesting thread. All dealers here will deliver you a demo for free of any piece of equipment. They figure that it might not come back once you try it out. Plus it is the best way to not have comeback problems later from the customers and their nit-picking problems.

Over the years I've found the only true way to find if a tractor fits you is put some extended seat time on it. I mean like 4-6 hours continuously,even if it is nothing more than driving around all day. Then do it again the next day. Little things will start to show themselves,that could have been missed on a quick trip around the dealers lot.

/ Did you try out your CUT at home before purchasing #15  
I think most dealers would let you " play"with one at the dealership. I wouldn't buy from anyone who didn't.

/ Did you try out your CUT at home before purchasing #16  
From what I can see there are two "fitting" processes when it comes to tractors:

Does the tractor fit you & does the tractor fit your needs.

The first has to do with physical size of both you and the tractor. Position of controls, how the controls work, size of the seat and how close things are to you...too tight no good, too far no good...and so on. This can pretty much be figured out wherever you can sit on the tractor and try it a little.

The second concerns how well the tractor will do what you want of it. This might also be tested at a place other than your own property. But if you have slopes and the dealer's place does not...or a barn to move around in where space is limited...and so on...might be harder to know for sure without a test at your own place.

Myself, I did not try my tractor before I bought it. I did try a smaller one. I guess I SHOULD have tried what I bought...but in any case all worked out well for me. I just figured that a lot of people had the tractor I was buying, that it worked well for them and should work just as well for me...

...and it did. I'm a happy camper... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Did you try out your CUT at home before purchasing #17  
Regarding the dealer that offered the loan/tryout, he may be just a super nice dealer but one thought comes to mind is in the thread Dickering on Price
- the dealer got the tractor on site - the prospective purchaser loves it and wants it and suddenly there is a price increase - see the low balling comment. Evidently its just one more thing to be aware of if you use the trial method.
=> Good luck with the quest.

fwc

/ Did you try out your CUT at home before purchasing #18  
<font color="blue"> Does the tractor fit you & does the tractor fit your needs. </font>

I did it the other way around... first, the tractor had to fit my needs, then, if I didn't fit in it, well, it got scratched off my list even if it was a capable machine. I found the best fitting, most comfortable at the time was the NH. I believe it was a TC25D. Man, what a sweet ride. Some of the tractors that I tried, my knees hit the steering wheel, I couldn't see around the vehicle, I didn't like the pedal layout, etc... Some felt too tall and gave a feeling of top heavyness(sp?). Of course, this was all just my opinion of these machines. Others will vary according to their physical shape and size. I'm 6' @ 200 or so pounds with long legs and big feet. I fit in the cockpit of my PT425 just right. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Did you try out your CUT at home before purchasing #19  
Re: Did you try out your CUT at home before purcha

Hi Guys,

I'll chime in here because of a current experience that kind of pertains to this thread and the threads about "how many hours should be on a new tractor?" threads. I recently had some warranty work done on my kubota 2410 and was unhappy with the work they had done to it, so the dealer is going to make things right and come back and pick up my tractor. During the first time he had it we had a plowable snowfall and I had no tractor. I explained this to the dealer and he said, "I'll bring you a loaner, something 4-wheel drive and a loader." When I originally bought the tractor the dealer had said that if he could not repair something at my place, he would bring me a tractor to use. So, I get home from work to find a 2710 with a loader on it sitting in my yard. The tractor has 2\10 of one hour on it /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Yes, not even a scratch on the bucket. Is this a sales technique? (I know he has several used trade-ins that would have been fine by me) If it is, I can see how it would work. Anyways, I guess I'm going to be the guy that is putting hours on somebody's new tractor /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Actually, I don't want to even put my muddy boot prints on the floor boards.

winchman

/ Did you try out your CUT at home before purchasing #20  
Re: Did you try out your CUT at home before purcha

Whatever the motive Its still way above and beyond what most would do.! What a dealer.!