Didn't expect that!

/ Didn't expect that! #11  
What a day. I traded my 04 CK25 HST on a new CK35 HST a month ago. For the most part, the tractor is laid out the same. The one major difference is the SSQA bucket on the FEL. I noticed that the FEL seemed to be lacking in power, relative to the older one. I called the dealer and we talked about the possible cause.

He said that nobody notices this except those who upgrade from the older style FEL, his point is the quick attach pushes the bucket out approx. 10" over the older model. The problem is that causes the lifting capability of the loader to be reduced by about 20%. including the larger bucket weight).

So, he said either learn to lift less or... he just happened to have a DK40HST in stock. We talked about cost increase over the 35 and threw in a couple of "what if's".

I ended up trading up to a DK40 HST cab with dual remotes, loaded R1's, a KB2485 backhoe (traded in my 2475) and all filters for my 50 hour change.

It's coming first of next week! :cool2:

you wont regret it. my DK45 lifts whatever ive asked of it.

/ Didn't expect that! #12  
Welcome to the DK40se fan club. Best bang for the buck in the CUT world!!

/ Didn't expect that!
Welcome to the DK40se fan club. Best bang for the buck in the CUT world!!

Thanks IT, just read the post about you lifting that rock with the grapple. Guess what I want for Christmas now? :laughing:

/ Didn't expect that! #14  
Thanks IT, just read the post about you lifting that rock with the grapple. Guess what I want for Christmas now? :laughing:

Don't forget ballast. I could barely move that rock after lifting it despite having a backhoe mounted.

But, if you do loader work you will LOVE the KL401. A real set of forks is also very useful but I keep my little grapple mounted 80% of the time.

If you have five foot 3pt implements from your CK, they can be used and mostly cover the track. Keep your eyes out for used six footers on Craigslist though.

/ Didn't expect that! #15  
Everyone told me I would be disapointed with a CUT because of my heavy equipment background and the ones that I ran were in fact not very impressive. I was hesitant in spending the money for my tractor as I was looking at a 2 yard loader but this little unit has done everything I have asked of it and it has even impressed me in a few instances. I can haul it with a pickup and it actually goes down the road fairly well so I am very happy with it. As far as the grapple, yea that is the number one implement to have. It is on my tractor 60+% of the time, the forks are on maybe 4-5 times a year and the bucket the rest of the time in summer. Winter the 8' snow box and the bucket for pushing back banks. When this little gem won't do it I rent a 3 yard loader. CJ