Diesel additive, is it a must?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Diesel additive, is it a must? #61  
(Everyone - 1) knows it and -1 keeps saying they're the same.:rolleyes:

I do not get it.

If you live in a cold place this is as common as 12 inches = 1 foot. In your words "-1" does not get it.

/ Diesel additive, is it a must? #62  
I do not get it.

Everyone - 1 means Everyone except one person knows heating oil and diesel are not the same everywhere. This same person keeps posting the same generalization and misinforming people.

/ Diesel additive, is it a must? #63  
Everyone - 1 means Everyone except one person knows heating oil and diesel are not the same everywhere. This same person keeps posting the same generalization and misinforming people.

And we all know who that is.

/ Diesel additive, is it a must? #64  
Is it possible that the gas companies already put additive to the fuel for the winter season? Cause when I did ask my dealer what to do, their answer was to keep the water away and try to keep your tank full. Did not mentioned anything regarding Stabil or the 9-1-1 stuff.

Maybe our diesel around here contains the right stuff since were are in a Nordic country?

Does anyone knows?

Ho, and while I'm here, I was reading another thread on oil and you can put motor oil in a diesel engine? Would you really do that since your motor is not spec'd to do so :confused:
:)
Treat your diesel. Its way easier than changing filters, bleeding lines and cranking on an engine AFTER it has jelled in the freezing cold. Leave the engine oil out of fuel, just think what it would do to diesel at artic temps.... I HATE to agree with that ONE too..... but for once that ONE made sense and contrubuted SOME useful info. I think that ONE is right, lot of oil heaters 'round here burning no.2 off-road. The whole diesel grade thing is a sham!!!!!

/ Diesel additive, is it a must? #65  
I talked to two oil distributors here in SW VA recently. They both said the home heating oil and their off road diesel were the same product. One said if I was concerned about gelling, I could mix about 20 gallons of kerosene with the 200 gallons of diesel that I had just had delivered. I didn't ask the other if they had a winter blend. An employee of a bigger oil distributor in a close city said they usually added some kerosene to their HHO/diesel in the winter, but he did not know the ratio. We probably won't get below zero temps but one or two nights each winter. I'm sure that has something to do with our fuel blends. I use PS white bottle in my tractor year round anyway.

/ Diesel additive, is it a must? #66  

Yup and where you are in cold areas they are close 6 months of the year. You can use either or and be fine just not on DOT roads.

/ Diesel additive, is it a must? #67  
I talked to two oil distributors here in SW VA recently. They both said the home heating oil and their off road diesel were the same product. One said if I was concerned about gelling, I could mix about 20 gallons of kerosene with the 200 gallons of diesel that I had just had delivered. I didn't ask the other if they had a winter blend. An employee of a bigger oil distributor in a close city said they usually added some kerosene to their HHO/diesel in the winter, but he did not know the ratio. We probably won't get below zero temps but one or two nights each winter. I'm sure that has something to do with our fuel blends. I use PS white bottle in my tractor year round anyway.

Bingo what out for MikePA since he will make you -2....

Funny I see a major Biz in MA, concrete supply with hundreds of trucks, 50 years buckets on FEL etc and they use HHO...I guess they are misinformed by some...

/ Diesel additive, is it a must? #68  
It's a simple statement, HHO and diesel fuel are not the same thing everywhere. I even bolded it again and added underlining. Anecdotal statements about concrete trucks in MA only proves HHO = diesel fuel in that part of MA. Again, not too hard to understand...simple logic.

/ Diesel additive, is it a must? #69  
Does anyone have any info that shows that fuel oil and off road are not the same. (other than winter additives)?

/ Diesel additive, is it a must? #70  
Does anyone have any info that shows that fuel oil and off road are not the same. (other than winter additives)?

No info but a girl I dated in High School's father, I know its a guy who knows a guy thing, sells bulk oils and such for a living. I talk to him at least once a month and buy all my products from him. He actually called me yesterday to talk football. He says true home heating oil is less refined than diesel and off road diesel is just plain old diesel with a dye added.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.