Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado.

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #241  
Heck I'm thinking the other way, with this lighter weight more efficient Colorado now why not just drop the half ton Sierra? Anyone that needs to haul or tow much could buy the 2500 series 3/4 ton, which is about the same size.

If you want to haul a 4 wheeler in the bed the Colorado makes it tough the spacing between the wheel houses in the is only 43-44" on a full-size it's 52". Same said for plywood 4x8 sheets while it can be done it's not very convenient.
Edit
Not to mention have you ever ridden in a empty 3/4 ton you are the shock absorber

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #242  
If you want to haul a 4 wheeler in the bed the Colorado makes it tough the spacing between the wheel houses in the is only 43-44" on a full-size it's 52". Same said for plywood 4x8 sheets while it can be done it's not very convenient.
Edit
Not to mention have you ever ridden in a empty 3/4 ton you are the shock absorber

By empty I mean under 2000 lbs of payload

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #243  
Diesel could maybe break even in Canada as along as there wasn't an "emissions diesel" sized repair bill after the warranty expires.

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #244  
Edit

I see 4 wheelers in the back of Tacomas? Obviously on the larger ones you need to ride the front wheels up over the wheel wells. I thought this new Colorado was only 5" narrower than the full size? Maybe I'm wrong.
If you want a truck capable of carrying some weight it's going to ride rough empty, you can just toss some weight in it. Of if it is going to be empty most of the time maybe get the smaller truck? Or a trailer? Personally I like the size of the first gen Tundra, the bed is just over 48" between the wheel wells.