Diesel delivery today

/ Diesel delivery today #1  

number two

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC Kubota L2501HST
Received 322 gallons of farm diesel and wrote the check for $968.
Red dye-no road tax,no sales tax.
Much better than last year!
We like the summer blend and wait it for it for the higher BTU content.
We're careful to make sure it's treated for winter.
Lots more snow blown with summer diesel than winter blend.
The years supply.

Good Luck!

/ Diesel delivery today #2  
$3 a gal. That's not bad. Paid $3.20 last week. Been hauling 50 gal at a time back to the ranch from the fuel depot.
Ordered a 100 gal tank over the weekend. Looking forward to fewer trips.

/ Diesel delivery today #3  
Myself, I prefer a 500 gallon tank but it hurts more when filling it and I to prefer summer diesel over winter and I too treat it with biocide, in my case Power Service Biokleen.

/ Diesel delivery today #4  
5030 they sure are proud of that Biokleen aren't they! 😳
What's your treatment schedule for long term applications like a standby generator? I've got a little 20kw that sits on a 200 gallon tank. It only uses about .5g/hr. It's getting on to about 3 years to be +/- half full and I added a biocide at my last (and first) filling.
In short, does older fuel require repeated treatment in your experience?

/ Diesel delivery today #5  
We like the summer blend and wait it for it for the higher BTU content.
We're careful to make sure it's treated for winter.
Lots more snow blown with summer diesel than winter blend.
The years supply.
So you only use a treatment and no blending? The contractors around here will blend at 70/30 or 60/40 unless it REALLY gets cold, then it is 50/50.

/ Diesel delivery today #6  
5030 they sure are proud of that Biokleen aren't they! 😳
What's your treatment schedule for long term applications like a standby generator? I've got a little 20kw that sits on a 200 gallon tank. It only uses about .5g/hr. It's getting on to about 3 years to be +/- half full and I added a biocide at my last (and first) filling.
In short, does older fuel require repeated treatment in your experience?
Proud of Biokleen because of what it is. The enzymes in it are costly and it don't take a huge amount either to treat bulk fuel and having been down the red slimy algae route in the past, a bottle of it is really cheap insurance.

My standby is plumbed into the bulk tank (don't have it's own fuel source) but I would assume that one treatment of biocide suffices for the duration, or at least I hope it does because that is how I store my diesel pickup truck when I'm not using it, I treat the fuel tanks with Biokleen before it gets put away.

One thing I learned pretty quick and that was, all the diesel additives that claim they prevent algae but have no MSDS labelling are BS. Any additive that is supposedly a biocide HAS to have a MSDS cautionary label on the bottle (per the EPA) or it's not.

Trust me, you don't ever want to deal with red, slimy algae. It's hard to get rid off, destroys fuel systems, clogs filters and is generally a PITA. First (and last go around) cost me well over 1000 bucks and I did all the grunt work myself.

In the winter I do use Powerservice silver bottle in the tractor I plow snow with. The outfit I retired from used it in all their big trucks and had no issues with any, no matter how cold it was. For me, that is testament enough that it works as advertised.

/ Diesel delivery today #7  
I think I've seen pictures of your standby before... I think if I were you (just to be on the safe side), I'd siphon most of the fuel out of the tank on the genset and use it in your diesel tactor and replace it with fresh (and add Biokleen additionally).

/ Diesel delivery today #8  
Thanks, I do know the perils of bad fuel, I just wanted another option on repeated bio treatments. 👍

/ Diesel delivery today #9  
Harbor Freight sells a nice battery operated (2 D cell batteries) pump for under 12 bucks. I have 2 of them actually and I use Li-Ion rechargeable batteries in them. They 'suck' really well and you can use them for lots of different liquids besides diesel. Work with gasoline just as well.

/ Diesel delivery today #10  
I use power service also, white bottle in winter and silver bottle in summer and I have added power service clear diesel which is a water remover and fuel system cleaner but only because I couldn't get BIO KLEEN locally. clear diesel is not a biocide BIO Kleen is a biocide.

you should have seen the face of the guy at the local truck repair place when I asked about something to kill algae in diesel fuel. He looked at me like I was an Alien. I guess they prefer to sell fuel filters rather than actually get rid of the problem. I did two different truck repair places that were power service dealers and neither had any BIO KLEEN. they just had the white and red bottles.

I'm trying to get my hands on BIOBOR JF but that seems even harder than BIO Kleen atleast in Canada. It is the only additive approved for use in aviation fuel and its not just marketing bull, it is actually listed in Pratt&Whitney canada turbine engine maintenance manuals.

Last edited: