Diesel fumes and black flies.

/ Diesel fumes and black flies. #1  

burtalm

Tractor
john deere 3320
The ugly guy on this new "other orange" ck20hst just lifted his bug net. Seems like black flies don't bother as much when the little monster diesel is working. Do diesel fumes really inhibit these critters or is the operator just having too much fun to notice the little suckers? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 425023-gr14smsm.jpg
    425023-gr14smsm.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 354
   / Diesel fumes and black flies. #2  
Only time them little critters stop working is when its blowing up a gale or your on the road going as fast as the tractor can. Course fully enclosed airconditioned cab may be different.

Egon

/ Diesel fumes and black flies. #3  
That sure is a tiny picture. Is it a photo of a black fly or a tractor?
Cliff

/ Diesel fumes and black flies. #4  
The black flies in my neck of the woods are twice as big as the picture. Then after the black flies leave the big regular flies emerge.

/ Diesel fumes and black flies. #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The black flies in my neck of the woods are twice as big as the picture. Then after the black flies leave the big regular flies emerge. )</font>

Oh, I thought the black flies ate all the others . . . and carried off babies.
Cliff

/ Diesel fumes and black flies.
Okay i'm trying to get the size of the picture right. However the black flies are nasty at camp. I remembered to cover my head but I should have tied something around my pant legs. Nasty critters chew me up just above my socks.

Attachments

• 425666-gr14sm.jpg
    425666-gr14sm.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 246
   / Diesel fumes and black flies. #7  
I'm glad we don't have big flies like that around here. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Looked like fun out in the woods, though. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Diesel fumes and black flies. #8  
Nice photo. The tractor looks in its element.

I'm hoping that the fumes keep the mosquitos away too. We'll see.

Cliff

/ Diesel fumes and black flies. #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do diesel fumes really inhibit these critters or is the operator just having too much fun to notice the little suckers? )</font>
Maybe it's a combination of the two. I sure don't notice the mosquitos around here so much when I'm on my tractor. I sure like that tractor! Wonder why?
Kioti Tree

/ Diesel fumes and black flies. #10  
Suggest youall have alternate means of keeping the skeeters and blackflies at bay or else get set for an itch and scratch session that last for two mounths.

Egon