Diesel Purge

/ Diesel Purge
Hm. I do remember it catching when I was rotating it. Would I have to replace the metering valve?

/ Diesel Purge #13  
The MV is harder than its seat, so replacement isn't usually required. BUT they sometimes go flat, only you can see.
The measurement on that rod is CRITICAL.. AND there are very small parts under spring pressure that need special attention.
The rod normally has to come apart and the seat flattened w/ a steady hand on a grinder & some sand paper.
I hold it on the side of the wheel on a bench grinder, turning it 180* and finish the process w/ sandpaper on a flat stone.
THIS PROCESS is very tricky, as the seat will fly out of your fingers, never to be found again..
SO, you better just stick w/ the sandpaper for now..

/ Diesel Purge #14  
The MV is harder than its seat, so replacement isn't usually required. BUT they sometimes go flat, only you can see.
The measurement on that rod is CRITICAL.. AND there are very small parts under spring pressure that need special attention.
The rod normally has to come apart and the seat flattened w/ a steady hand on a grinder & some sand paper.
I hold it on the side of the wheel on a bench grinder, turning it 180* and finish the process w/ sandpaper on a flat stone.
THIS PROCESS is very tricky, as the seat will fly out of your fingers, never to be found again..
SO, you better just stick w/ the sandpaper for now..

Don't ya hate when that happens!!!! :ashamed:

/ Diesel Purge #15  
I sure do.. I have about 300 core pumps and the seat pickins are getting real slim.. LOL

/ Diesel Purge
Is this advice is for a CAV DPA pump?

/ Diesel Purge #17  
Liqui-Moly makes outstanding products, You ought to notice improvement again depending on how bad it is.

/ Diesel Purge
Thanks Trillium Farm.

It doesn't really stall, but the engine speed becomes so incredibly slow that it turns off. I had to adjust the low speed throttle screw to keep the idle up.

/ Diesel Purge #20  
Make sure the nut on the throttle lever on the pump is tight. Unless its a nyloc nut, the others will loosen up over time. 5/16"
NOT TOO TIGHT or you'll snap it..
I've seen the nut so loose, the throttle lever ran ontop of the low idle screw.. the customer complaint was.. it wont idle.. lol
Its NOT uncommon to have to adjust the low idle on that pump.. The lever gets worn and the screw get worn.. its just the nature of the beast.. BUT.. if you have to set the low idle above 700rpms just to keep it from shutting off.. you have internal problems.. Good luck and happy tractoring.. TPG