Diesel Siphon Hose

/ Diesel Siphon Hose #11  
That is an ingenious solution, not sure it is practical for my situation as I don't have a local AC power source for the compressor but thanks for sharing.

Generator or portable air tank will fix that.

Chris

/ Diesel Siphon Hose #12  
...Is HDPE rating stamped on the box?

What I have (from HD) it's marked right on the hose...it's hard to see but it's there...

/ Diesel Siphon Hose #13  
BULB SIPHON PUMPI have one of these bulb siphon pumps.
They work great (if slowly) in a 20L fuel can, but might also work, with extension hoses, to make them reach the bottom of a 50 gal. barrel. Of course, as mentioned above, the outlet has to be lower than the lowest fuel level in the source barrel or the siphon will stop before the barrel is empty.
BOB

/ Diesel Siphon Hose #14  
Another way to get a siphon going without any tools or air or anything is if you can fit most of the siphon hose in the full tank, push most of it in the tank and with only a hand full sticking out of the tank plug the end with your thumb, pull out as much hose as you need to reach the other tank and let your thumb off the line, you're just priming the line and fuel should start flowing.

/ Diesel Siphon Hose #16  
Another way to get a siphon going without any tools or air or anything is if you can fit most of the siphon hose in the full tank, push most of it in the tank and with only a hand full sticking out of the tank plug the end with your thumb, pull out as much hose as you need to reach the other tank and let your thumb off the line, you're just priming the line and fuel should start flowing.
I already said that in post #4 along with using a garden hose for a siphon. Used them for years, same hose for gasoline or diesel. Most tractors now days have PVC or HDPE fuel tanks and either one is impervious to fuel oils. The same material is used for most garden hoses and I have even seen folks use a section of garden hose for a fuel line before when necessary.
About the only thing gasoline will readily dissolve is styrofoam. Diesel will also but takes a bit to do it.

/ Diesel Siphon Hose #17  
I'm happy for you , I dont read full threads all the time, just throwing it out there for other ideas used.

/ Diesel Siphon Hose #18  
Need about a 12' hose to siphon 50-gallons of diesel from one transfer tank to another 55-gallon drum. What can I use that would not be damaged by the fuel? Typical fuel lines available at the auto supply are too small in diameter. I have a DC electric tank mounted pump but it is a pain moving it from one tank to another. With a siphon I could get it started and walk away. Any suggestions on starting the flow without a lung full of fumes or a mouth full of fuel?
100_2583_zps409700ff.jpg

All hoses shown are are rated for fuel use Diesel or Gasoline.
I got this hose from an auto parts store .
Most of it is 1/2 .
It's available in 1/4 3/8 1/2 5/8 3/4 and I inch.

/ Diesel Siphon Hose #19  
I've got an old piece of milking machine hose laying around. Always good to have clear hose so you can see what's coming at you. It just might prevent you from getting a mouthful.

/ Diesel Siphon Hose #20  
I use that clear hose for siphoning gas and diesel. It eventually goes stiff (after a few years) but you can still see the liquid level to start the siphon.