Diesel vs. Gas - X700 Series Tractor's Mathematical Comparison

/ Diesel vs. Gas - X700 Series Tractor's Mathematical Comparison
Guys,

Thank for all the help. I decided that I am going to go with the X748, even though it will cost a little more up front. Going sign the papers on Feb 23rd and have it delivered the end of March. Rather go with the diesel because it will be easier to maintain plus I can use the same engine and hydraulic oil for the X748 as I do for the 4520. The other deciding factor was hearing that the EPA is going to increase the ethanol content in the gas from 10% to 15%. I really do not want to deal with that; I can keep the diesel in the tank and not worry about corrosion. Again, thanks for all the help!

/ Diesel vs. Gas - X700 Series Tractor's Mathematical Comparison #22  
Good choice! My grandfather bought a 455 diesel in early 93 and my father has it now and we have not had a single problem with the yanmar engine in over 1200 hrs. No fuel issues, no premature failures of any kind. We always maintained it regularly and its been good to us. There is no comparison between the yanmar and the kawasaki. Not having to deal with bad gas issues and other problems associated with the gas engine is worth it. By the way, we always run home heating oil in it and zero problems! Why pay on road tax in an off road engine? In fact I would say that the heating oil is better for the engine than the on road crap. Good luck with your 748, Im sure you'll love it.

/ Diesel vs. Gas - X700 Series Tractor's Mathematical Comparison #23  
Guys,

Thank for all the help. I decided that I am going to go with the X748, even though it will cost a little more up front. Going sign the papers on Feb 23rd and have it delivered the end of March. Rather go with the diesel because it will be easier to maintain plus I can use the same engine and hydraulic oil for the X748 as I do for the 4520. The other deciding factor was hearing that the EPA is going to increase the ethanol content in the gas from 10% to 15%. I really do not want to deal with that; I can keep the diesel in the tank and not worry about corrosion. Again, thanks for all the help!

If and when I replace my Simplicity Conquest I will be going Diesel. Much simpler on me.

/ Diesel vs. Gas - X700 Series Tractor's Mathematical Comparison #24  
I just signed the papers yesterday for a 2012 JD X740 with 0.1 hrs on the clock!

To be honest with you, I can't understand why anyone spending this much money would buy a gas engine model. I understand they have their place, but it just seems, almost wasted. A lot of people say they buy a gas engine because they know how to work on them. The beauty of the Yanmar diesel, is the chances of you ever having to work on it are slim to none.

Me, personally, I am sick and tired of carburetors, and gasoline. Gasoline goes off very fast, even after only 1 month it is noticeable. In the event that fossil fuels become scarce or priced extremely high in a shortage, the diesel owners could make their tractor run on almost anything. Those with gas engines will have a useless machine. I gladly paid the price premium for a diesel, and said goodbye to ethanol issues and spark plugs. I intend to keep this machine for a very long time, and in that scenario, I feel diesel is the only choice for longevity, reliability, and fuel economy.