Diesel XUV Fuel Question

/ Diesel XUV Fuel Question #1  

454shooter

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3550 HST Cab, 850D Gator
Do you guys with diesel gators add anything to your fuel? Such as Power Service or Marvels Mystery Oil?

/ Diesel XUV Fuel Question #3  
I have run Power Service and some additive that I bought from John Deere. Don't normally add anything and I run ULSD and off road diesel (which around here is just dyed ULSD). Gelling is not a problem here.

/ Diesel XUV Fuel Question #4  
I have run Power Service and some additive that I bought from John Deere. Don't normally add anything and I run ULSD and off road diesel (which around here is just dyed ULSD). Gelling is not a problem here.
Gelling is not the only reason for an additive.
Lubrication is another reason.

/ Diesel XUV Fuel Question #5  
In the winter I add some power service and try to keep the tank full. I use the Gator a lot less in the winter and I don't want to risk water in the fuel.

Summer time I run Schaffers Soyshield to every 5th tank to help with cleaning stuff up. but it runs mostly on straight diesel out of the pump....

/ Diesel XUV Fuel Question #7  
If you want better lubricity run outboard motor oil - 1 oz per gallon of fuel.. A lot of the guys on the diesel truck forums have been doing it for a few years (especially the dodge guys with the VP44 injector pumps)..

I run PS or Howes in the winter in both the tractor and truck..

Brian