Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #11  
woodyacres said:
IslandTractor said:
like on the fly 4WD QUOTE]

Island,
By on the fly do you mean it WILL shift while moving? I have been afraid to grind everything up so I always stop before I switch in or out of 4WD.

Yep. Real nice feature. I just hit the button when my wheels start to spin and keep on going.

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #12  
IslandTractor said:
One general point: the CK series are great but represent an older design and more basic (i.e. mechanical) features while the DK besides being bigger is a newer design that uses electric controls and has better ergonometrics. I've owned a CK20 and now have a DK40se. They each work as advertised so the real difference from my perspective between the CK35 and DK35se would be more power and loader capacity with the DK as well as newer features like on the fly 4WD and the electrohydraulic PTO. DK has standard quick attach and one standard rear remote but you could add those to the CK for a bit under $1000 or so. Both are fine tools.

If you think the Kioti CK is a basic design go and look at the L series Kubota, that's what made me a believer.

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #13  
BJN644 said:
If you think the Kioti CK is a basic design go and look at the L series Kubota, that's what made me a believer.

Yeah, I did not mean to say the CK was in the league of the old Kioti LB or the Kubota L line. I just meant that compared to the new DK the CKs are an older more basic generation of tractor. Nothing bad about that but it is a major point of difference with the new DK. The CK is actually pretty much middle of the pack or higher in features and is certainly higher in features and performance than most 20-35hp tractors on the market today. Great bang for the buck on both the CK and the DK line compared to what you get from the other orange line or JD.

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #14  
So how does the Kioti CK35HST and/or DK35HST compare, price wise to the Kubota L2800HST?

I have been in the market and looking at Kubot, Montana, Mahindra, etc... and still ahve nt gotten a quote from a local Kioti dealer.

I am open to the thought of a Kioti, but need to know what it costs.

I have been sending email to area dealers and not one has replied.

JD replied ASDP, but withan astronomical price. Montana replied, but they were almost as high as the JD! Mahindra also did not reply.

My Kubota dealer (one I have already dealt with) shot me a price of $15,900 for the L2800HST with loader. So if I can beat that - or meet that with a better tractor, I am up for some dealing.

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #15  
So how does the Kioti CK35HST and/or DK35HST compare, price wise to the Kubota L2800HST?
My Kubota dealer (one I have already dealt with) shot me a price of $15,900 for the L2800HST with loader. So if I can beat that - or meet that with a better tractor, I am up for some dealing.

That is a good price on the Kubota but the L2800 is not really an apples to apples competitor for either the CK35 or DK35. THe L2800 is a solid machine but is literally the most basic tractor in the L line for Kubota and the L line has fewer features and capacities than either the CK or DK. The CK arguably competes withe Kubota's Grand L series and the DK certainly does. I'd say you need to compare feature sets and decide what is important to you to make a valid comparison once you get prices on the CK and DK.

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #16  
When I was shopping I too was looking at the L2800 & 3400, here's what made me go with Kioti over the L series Kubota.

Telescoping lift arms and adjustable sway bars on the Kioti

The ability to mount a mid PTO on the Kioti

I didn't like the FEL loader control mounted on the loader frame in front of me on the Kubota

The front rims on the Kubota didn't have valve stem protection

Better price on the Kioti ( I got the free FEL deal )

I was able to drive both and use the loader before buying and I just plain liked the feel of the kioti better and feel I got a lot more for the money. Only 23 hours on my tractor so far and I have no regrets what so ever on my decision.

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #17  
When I was shopping I too was looking at the L2800 & 3400, here's what made me go with Kioti over the L series Kubota.

Telescoping lift arms and adjustable sway bars on the Kioti

The ability to mount a mid PTO on the Kioti

I didn't like the FEL loader control mounted on the loader frame in front of me on the Kubota

The front rims on the Kubota didn't have valve stem protection

Better price on the Kioti ( I got the free FEL deal )

I was able to drive both and use the loader before buying and I just plain liked the feel of the kioti better and feel I got a lot more for the money. Only 23 hours on my tractor so far and I have no regrets what so ever on my decision.

I haven't looked at an L2800 for a while but as I recall they do not have a suspension seat like the CK and DK either. That is worth over $500 as a replacement part and really improves the operator's comfort. I also haven't looked recently at loader capacities but recall that at least the DK and possibly the CK had higher lift and breakout. The DK has electrohydraulic PTO and 4wd which are nice upgrades too (shift on the fly into 4wd is a very useful feature). I know the DK comes with one set of rear remotes standard too.

I am sure there are other comparison points but the bottom line is that the Kioti's are both more comparable featurewise to the Grand L series than the basic L so that should be considered when comparing prices/value.

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #18  
woodyacres said:
Yep. Real nice feature. I just hit the button when my wheels start to spin and keep on going.

My DK35 has a warning not to do that while running. Hmmm.. I wonder how much that is an actual warning or just a CYA for future potential issues?

/ Difference between CK35 & DK35 Kioti tractors #19  
My DK35 has a warning not to do that while running. Hmmm.. I wonder how much that is an actual warning or just a CYA for future potential issues?

I haven't had any trouble. Of course you generally are not moving very fast when doing this as typically you are doing something where you are loosing traction like pushing or pulling something at pretty low speed. No nasty noises though, switch to 4wd is smooth as silk.